BOYL Epic game

Acknowledged.

I tend to get Space Marine focused as both my UO and I play with marines; I completely forget that other forces aren't quite as mobile. :)

Thantsants

I like the Mega Gargant coming online idea though, having the Orks defending should be a laugh. Maybe on a roll of a 6 each turn for each Mega Gargant. It'll give the Imperials a advantage at first but when (if) they do come online it might turn the tide in a dramatic fashion.

That was the idea - plus if we give Legio's Titan Death squad the mission of decommissioning the soon-to-be operational Mega Gargants that might take a bit of the heat off your clans.

I tend to get Space Marine focused as both my UO and I play with marines; I completely forget that other forces aren't quite as mobile.

Unless Chico is secretly gathering a huge Kult of Speed... :shock:

I posted up my orks on chicos thread, but put them here too for completness.
3e4cbe7717596ad0f4e693f17932ec88_5439.jpg__thumb

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

bug16

Ah poop. I definitely can't make the Sunday and a 12x8 board sounds like it'll be brilliant watch let alone play on! Obviously don't change the day just for me as I'm still 50/50 on the weekend at the moment. If I can make the Saturday I'll do my best to give Chico's Orks a good pasting then. :grin:

@ramshackle_curtis - That's a great looking army! I love the conversions. :)

@Thantsants - PM me if you want those Whirlwinds and I'll send you a photo of them. They've never been painted, they were fresh out of the blister, they're assembled and all of those fiddly casting lines have been carefully removed. I.e. they're ready for paint.

Thantsants

Sorry to hear that Bug - I'm quite tempted to float the idea and see if we could swap the days to include you as I think most folk here are flexible and it was really just my arbitrary decision to avoid playing Siege with a hangover. Don't know how flexible the Siege lot are though...

Or am I going to create lots of confusion and worry? :?:

Pm is on the way by the way!

Curtis - that's an amazing army. Love the Dungers as Squiggoths and is that a scratch built Gargant?

Chico

bug16":vd2li7r8 said:
Ah poop. I definitely can't make the Sunday and a 12x8 board sounds like it'll be brilliant watch let alone play on! Obviously don't change the day just for me as I'm still 50/50 on the weekend at the moment. If I can make the Saturday I'll do my best to give Chico's Orks a good pasting then. :grin:

Heh that's sounds like a plan to me, a need a Epic game for the Saturday and it might help me remember the rules before the big showdown.

The Dunger/squiggoths are actually used as stompas, as the squiggoth rules were pretty pants in armageddon. THey are kitted out as a stompa mob. Just looking at the 2nd ed rules now, and I will probably run the big armoured ones as stompas and the smaller ones as squiggoths.

The gargant is a mek gargant with some conversion work (I added the right arm, belly gun and armour plate on the left, I think?)

Chico

Squigoths are great in SMV2, limited to use only with Snakebite Clan card though. Thinking I might get a 2nd support card of them.. just hope they don't rampage.

I will have to do my army and check what models I can do, but looking at th erules I can take 2 clans probably, so snakebites and most likely evil sunz.

bug16

Thantsants":1mjca1ql said:
Or am I going to create lots of confusion and worry? :?:

Probably! I don't want to create confusion then not turn up on the Saturday. So, keep everything as it is and I'll either manage to make it or not.

Thantsants

Ok - will do Bug! :grin:

You'll have to pass any intel on Chico to us if you do end up locking horns on the Saturday ;)

Curtis - Don't worry too much about limitations on how many/what clans you have to bring - just chuck it all in! I would follow the support detachment rules though as they add to the break point of your clan and the number of victory points when it is broken.

If you want any boarboyz for a snakebite clan I could lend you some if needs be. If I get time I've got a battery of Squig Catapults too.

Chico

Thantsants":2yygur5s said:
If you want any boarboyz for a snakebite clan I could lend you some if needs be. If I get time I've got a battery of Squig Catapults too.

You could trade all these to me, as i'm after both lol :grin:

Thantsants

I'm afraid they're an integral part of my growing Ork horde Chico - sorry mate!

Got to give my Artillery companies something for target practice ;)

Chico

Thantsants":lts5vyzj said:
I'm afraid they're an integral part of my growing Ork horde Chico - sorry mate!

Got to give my Artillery companies something for target practice ;)

Now your just being greedy :razz: heheh

Chico

So my hoard is growing slowly for this as sourcing ran into problems. so far I have the following done:

Evil Suns Clan Card - Complete
Blood Axe Clan Card - 4 Nobz Stands
Goth Clan Card - 9 Boyz Stands needs basing.
Kult of Speed Clan Card - 2 Nob Biker stand. 1 Buggie
Evil Sun Battle Wagon Support Card - Complete
Evil Sun Extra Boyz Support Card - Complete
Snakebite Squiggoths Support Card - Complete
Badmoon Stomper Mob Support Card - Complete
Badmoon Dread Mob Support Card - Complete
Badmoon Battlewagons Support Card - Complete
Badmoon Madboyz Support Card - Complete
1 Building finished
3 Buildings mounted and ready to paint.

Still along way to go yet, but as I'm buying peicemeal its hard to finish whole cards.

Chico

Quick question, are we using SMV2 rules or Titan Legions? The reason I ask is because we have Mega Gargants and lots of Titans running around.

Thantsants

I have managed to secure copies of the Armies of the Imperium and the Ork and Squat Warlords packs. This means I have rules for all the different troop types as well as detachment/company/mob sizes, break points and victory points. :grin:

Also got the Renegades stuff if anyone is bringing Eldar or Chaos.

In other news - I have also started painting a full Beastman Company for my Imperial Army so your Goffs should have something to play with Chico! :twisted:

Unfortunately my mate Ollie has had life intervene and he probably won't be able to get his Orks painted up in time. He does have a rather nice Tau force that could side against the Imperium for some inscrutable Xeno-scum reason though.

Chico

At this point in time dew to my eyes being rather fecked I'm forced to be limiting my Epic Orks to 3k, a Mega Gargant and Buildings.. No Goth Clan either :O

Picked this up yesterday:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271516982889? ... 1497.l2649

Rules wise I have everything now (All expansions, all books, WD articles ect) so will be at least in paper be in good stead for the games

Back