BOYL Epic game

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2014, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed May 07, 2014 4:41 am

Re: BOYL Epic game

Acknowledged.

I tend to get Space Marine focused as both my UO and I play with marines; I completely forget that other forces aren't quite as mobile. :-)
For retro sci-fi action visit my Oldhammer 40k Blog:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Post Wed May 07, 2014 6:39 am

I like the Mega Gargant coming online idea though, having the Orks defending should be a laugh. Maybe on a roll of a 6 each turn for each Mega Gargant. It'll give the Imperials a advantage at first but when (if) they do come online it might turn the tide in a dramatic fashion.

That was the idea - plus if we give Legio's Titan Death squad the mission of decommissioning the soon-to-be operational Mega Gargants that might take a bit of the heat off your clans.

I tend to get Space Marine focused as both my UO and I play with marines; I completely forget that other forces aren't quite as mobile.

Unless Chico is secretly gathering a huge Kult of Speed... :shock:

Post Wed May 07, 2014 6:48 am

Ave Imperator.....for the Emperor!!
For retro sci-fi action visit my Oldhammer 40k Blog:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Wed May 07, 2014 11:35 am

Thantsants wrote:
Unless Chico is secretly gathering a huge Kult of Speed... :shock:

Umm....no comment :twisted: :twisted:

Post Wed May 07, 2014 5:23 pm

I posted up my orks on chicos thread, but put them here too for completness.

Post Wed May 07, 2014 5:44 pm

Ah poop. I definitely can't make the Sunday and a 12x8 board sounds like it'll be brilliant watch let alone play on! Obviously don't change the day just for me as I'm still 50/50 on the weekend at the moment. If I can make the Saturday I'll do my best to give Chico's Orks a good pasting then. :D

@ramshackle_curtis - That's a great looking army! I love the conversions. :)

@Thantsants - PM me if you want those Whirlwinds and I'll send you a photo of them. They've never been painted, they were fresh out of the blister, they're assembled and all of those fiddly casting lines have been carefully removed. I.e. they're ready for paint.
"Mind the oranges Marlon!"

My painting blog - Chewing lead

Post Wed May 07, 2014 6:13 pm

Sorry to hear that Bug - I'm quite tempted to float the idea and see if we could swap the days to include you as I think most folk here are flexible and it was really just my arbitrary decision to avoid playing Siege with a hangover. Don't know how flexible the Siege lot are though...

Or am I going to create lots of confusion and worry? :?:

Pm is on the way by the way!

Curtis - that's an amazing army. Love the Dungers as Squiggoths and is that a scratch built Gargant?

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Wed May 07, 2014 6:27 pm

bug16 wrote:Ah poop. I definitely can't make the Sunday and a 12x8 board sounds like it'll be brilliant watch let alone play on! Obviously don't change the day just for me as I'm still 50/50 on the weekend at the moment. If I can make the Saturday I'll do my best to give Chico's Orks a good pasting then. :D

Heh that's sounds like a plan to me, a need a Epic game for the Saturday and it might help me remember the rules before the big showdown.

Post Wed May 07, 2014 6:56 pm

The Dunger/squiggoths are actually used as stompas, as the squiggoth rules were pretty pants in armageddon. THey are kitted out as a stompa mob. Just looking at the 2nd ed rules now, and I will probably run the big armoured ones as stompas and the smaller ones as squiggoths.

The gargant is a mek gargant with some conversion work (I added the right arm, belly gun and armour plate on the left, I think?)
Last edited by ramshackle_curtis on Wed May 07, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Wed May 07, 2014 7:02 pm

Squigoths are great in SMV2, limited to use only with Snakebite Clan card though. Thinking I might get a 2nd support card of them.. just hope they don't rampage.
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2014