BOYL Epic game

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2014, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon May 05, 2014 10:13 pm

Re: BOYL Epic game

when and where is BOYL?

Grand Buffoon of the Highest Order

Post Mon May 05, 2014 10:17 pm

BOYL is on the weekend of 9th/10th August at Stoke Hall, Newark
http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2895

Post Tue May 06, 2014 10:08 pm

Sounds like you might be joining us with some Orks then Curtis? Great stuff :D

A few more questions for you all.

Can you give me an idea of when you might want feeding on Sunday - brekkie, lunch and dinner so we can give Marcus an idea of numbers who want catering for.

Please check the list of players who have signed up in my first post on this thread and if you're not there let me know.

Also what sort of size table do you think we'll need? I'm beginning to think a bit more than 6x4ft?

I can ask if they have any 6mm scenery although I doubt they'll have any. My generic 28mm stuff doesn't look too bad and I have a few of the old SPace Marine card buildings.

Chico is putting some buildings together - anyone else got any scenery they could bring?

Any thoughts on the scenario - an Ork town and Gargant Works would be pretty cool if anyone has the time!

Between me and my mate Ollie we will have 3 Mega Gargants on the way and hopefully painted in time. These could form the central objective for the Imperial forces - 3 semi built (stationary but with all weapon systems operational) Mega Gargants that are to form the core of Waaaagh insert daft pun name here. This should give the Imperials a pretty tough objective to achieve total victory and the chance for the (at the moment, outnumbered!) Orks to also claim victory if any Mega Gargants are salvageable by the end of the game - the Waaaagh will live on!

We could always mix things up a bit and let the Orks roll each turn to see if the Mekboyz can actually get the Mega Gargants moving... :twisted:

Random forces like Tau (if Ollie wants to play them) could enter the fray on which ever side they feel would benefit them.

Post Tue May 06, 2014 10:13 pm

It's probably worth while posting up how many points our armies come too as well so we can tailor whatever scenario we decide on so everyone has an enjoyable game.

Pics to froth over might be nice too :mrgreen:

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Tue May 06, 2014 10:24 pm

So it's 100% on the Sunday? (I'm easy on this) I'd like lunch on the day, as breekie we could have before getting and supper with a dozen pints after or those zooming off can skip it.

12x4 would be good, so 2 6x4 tables next to each other.

Army size, well I can bring any points limit as I'm currently building my force so will stop once I hit the set points.
My Blog:

ImageImageImageImage

Post Tue May 06, 2014 10:40 pm

Yep - no one has objected so far so I've made an executive decision so I can get the Siege game rolling too. :mrgreen:

So that's just lunch for you Chico?

As much as I'd enjoy dozens of pints I'll be driving back on Sunday. Saturday night is a different story though...

I haven't really got a set points value in mind - what do you reckon your lot will total roughly once you've painted all the stuff you want?

Post Tue May 06, 2014 10:47 pm

I'm more than happy with Sunday; I reckon lunch will be a definite; I'll probably grab a bacon buttie if there are any available for breakfast!

I will try and source some more buildings from some where....

Table size: 12 x 4 at a minimum; I would suggest 18 x 6 would be better; my mate and I use a 6 x 4 table normally and can't use our full collections on it as it gets pretty clogged. Also the bigger the table then the less likely Titan super weapons will dominate the game....
For retro sci-fi action visit my Oldhammer 40k Blog:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Tue May 06, 2014 10:58 pm

I'm a fat boy (and diabetic so need to eat oftern) so I wouldn't say no to breakfast and dinner as well, but lunch would be a must for me :)

As for points I can at the very least do a legal 3k and more if needed/wanted. I currently own 0 Gargants though which maybe a problem.

18x6 table is far too large in my mind as it'll lend more to Titans then troops as troops will just get lost with that much space and just end up not doing anything.
My Blog:

ImageImageImageImage

Post Tue May 06, 2014 11:12 pm

Thanks Chico - I was being a bit dense!

I've got about 5K of Imperial Guard, including a Beastman Company which should give your Goffs something to play with!

Probably about 3K of Space Marines.

I do have a Mega Gargant you can use Chico and Ollie has another 2. Curtis is bringing a load of Orks too.

Legio - think about those poor little Orkses and their little legs - they'll have to run everywhere on that big 18x6.

I'd be inclined to go 12x4 or maybe even 12x8. We could always get creative with deployment depending on whatever scenario we go for to mitigate distance or Titan weapons. Plus if we can get enough scenery on the board that should cut down line of sight for the big guys.

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Tue May 06, 2014 11:38 pm

Yeah my poor little Orksies moving 10/20cm a turn on that big 18x6 would be a pain in the ass to say the least heh. Not to mention finding enough buildings/terrain to over it well enough.

I should have a Gargant or 2 by then but i keep being sniped on ebay, I will get my Big Mob if it kills me! heh

I like the Mega Gargant coming online idea though, having the Orks defending should be a laugh. Maybe on a roll of a 6 each turn for each Mega Gargant. It'll give the Imperials a advantage at first but when (if) they do come online it might turn the tide in a dramatic fashion.
My Blog:

ImageImageImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2014