GorkaMorka RT Bash

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2014, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Fri May 02, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: GorkaMorka RT Bash

Asslessman wrote:Any space for a chaos grab-attack to pop in? :roll:

Grab-ass-attack more like from you Slanneshi types!

Post Fri May 02, 2014 5:48 pm

Yeah! We'll just treat it the same as all the other vehicles! I'm sure we'll manage!

Post Fri May 02, 2014 10:43 pm

Sorry to be so negative! I just found the gomo vehicle rules just didnt work: damage doesnt work, crashes dont work, rams dont work. The best vehicles are the goblin sail barges. Really fast and basically unbreakable. We played a campaign and while it was really fun, the rules are daft!

I suggested first ed 40k rules as it give very detailed rules on points, so you can make up what you like, and they are very straight forward.

Post Sat May 03, 2014 12:05 am

ramshackle_curtis wrote:Sorry to be so negative! I just found the gomo vehicle rules just didnt work: damage doesnt work, crashes dont work, rams dont work. The best vehicles are the goblin sail barges. Really fast and basically unbreakable. We played a campaign and while it was really fun, the rules are daft!

I suggested first ed 40k rules as it give very detailed rules on points, so you can make up what you like, and they are very straight forward.

We never used the sail rules so it's good to know that they are ropey, thanks for the heads up Curtis.

I recall we tweaked the movement a bit to make the tracks and wheeled vehicles meaningfully different - tracks were moving 5" instead of 6" I think it were. The rules are pretty daft but they afford quick play which is important for a multilayer game. The randomness tends to keep it interesting for players as there is always a chance of freak swings of luck even when you are down to your last model. The giggle factor is pretty high with GoMo and that endears it to me.

Post Sat May 03, 2014 8:50 am

You say giggle factor, but it is impossible to actually damage a vehicle. Basically, the game is about shooting the crew, as you cannot hurt the vehicles. Whats the point of having vehicles if all they are is moving cover?

Post Sat May 03, 2014 11:58 am

Interesting that you say that as we found that blowing up the standard vehicles wasn't an issue for us, but thenwe didn't use the Grot Cuttas at all, just bikes, trukks and trakks. I have fond memories of obliterating one of my best mates(or worse enemy really) truckk to comic effect with some lucky big shoota fire. Rokketz are pretty decent at it nuking vehicles, anything with high enough strength seems to do it. We have tended to work out the warband on the day by eyeballing rather than relying on the roster, and thus ensure that there are some options for people to deal with vehicles. We try to keep in mind the most important rule of Warhammer, that the rules are there to be tailored to our own level of mania, which seems to work for us.

Post Sat May 03, 2014 6:01 pm

;) This is totally acceptable!

Post Sat May 03, 2014 7:26 pm

Hang on...so my Brat ride has a single driver with a laspistol. I think I need to increase my armoury!

Post Sat May 03, 2014 8:08 pm

axiom wrote:Hang on...so my Brat ride has a single driver with a laspistol. I think I need to increase my armoury!

Bear in mind that ramming the enemy vehicle T-bone style is a very valid anti-vehicular operation, he will be far too busy trying not to crash to worry about shooting that pistol :D .

Post Sat May 03, 2014 10:04 pm

axiom wrote:Hang on...so my Brat ride has a single driver with a laspistol. I think I need to increase my armoury!

And so the arms race begins ;) :lol:

Personally, I wouldnt worry too much about min/maxing a vehicle for the sake of an amusing shenanigans generator like GoMo, but give the guy a plasma pistol if that makes you feel better axiom. He probably wont get to shoot it much anyway and Bratt gangers with nifty plasma weapons feels totally authentic anyway. Best not to over think it I reckon, but whatever floats your boat obviously.

GoMo is fun as a one-off Wacky Races style affair. I see a BOYL side game as an opportunity to show off and have fun with a cool vehicle like your Hot Rod and have a few laughs. Whatever I end up bringing to take for a spin will be determined by amusement factor primarily: an opportunity to stick some cool bits and pieces together.

ramshackle_curtis wrote:I suggested first ed 40k rules as it give very detailed rules on points, so you can make up what you like, and they are very straight forward.

I am more than happy to give something like this a go in addition to the planned GoMo derby if you want to run it Curtis, for nostalgia if nothing else. If I have the vehicle assembled and painted in advance then I am sure that you could help out with the vehicle construction beforehand so that I would be ready to go (in fact, I am planning to bring a cosmetically modified Boneyard Truck, so you already have an in depth knowledge of exactly the sort of vehicle that I plan to bring).

Im looking for fairly casual games to play on Saturday afternoon and Sunday (I dont want to play anything with a play time of much more than an hour or two) so a second excuse to use a goofy vehicle in a goofy racing/demo derby game suits me just fine.
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2014