GorkaMorka RT Bash

Asslessman

cheetor":1h8nvt09 said:
Jesus. Six hours? Really?

I'm usually more on the (very) safe side so maybe I'm oversestimating it a tiny bit... Confonrtatin is not the game you see played that much so I'm thinking if it's once every few years we better make it last. That said, i'll b egiving objectives to everyone but the possibility of leaving the battlefield prematurely wil be here.

cheetor

Asslessman":11kwkfvv said:
I'm usually more on the (very) safe side so maybe I'm oversestimating it a tiny bit...

:grin:

If thats how long it takes then thats just the way it is. Judging by what I have seen of the models that will be involved it will be good to look at at the very least.

cheetor":1842igb4 said:
Asslessman":1842igb4 said:
I'm usually more on the (very) safe side so maybe I'm oversestimating it a tiny bit...

:grin:

If thats how long it takes then thats just the way it is. Judging by what I have seen of the models that will be involved it will be good to look at at the very least.

My recollection of the couple of times I actually played Confrontation leads me to think that 6 hours might even be optimistic.

Asslessman

See Paul?

We're playing a skimmed version so it should be OK, just look at the Siege table where they may not even finish to deploy bu Saturday noon...

cheetor

Asslessman":1ns4mwrt said:
We're playing a skimmed version so it should be OK, just look at the Siege table where they may not even finish to deploy bu Saturday noon...

Being involved in the second longest game of the weekend isnt an accolade that I am particularly after ;) How people plan the games that they are in is up to them.

Anyway, back to GoMo...

I can oversee a very straightforward and very silly opportunity to drive our toy cars around and make shooting and vrooming noises from 2-4 sharp on Saturday if thats what people want. Im not sorting out details until we have some sort of roll call to see who is still interested.

LIST OF FOLKS WHO WANT TO PLAY A SHORT GAME OF GOMO FROM 2-4 ON BOYL SATURDAY

Cheetor

Asslessman":3akhm0wg said:
I actually don't have a model to enter and probably won't have one

What! But... but... I'm almost finished... it'll be in the post any day... *sniff* it has spiky bits on it...

cheetor

whiskey priest":3m77iq0o said:

You are going to be sick of the sight and sound of me by the end of the weekend WP. Heres hoping that we dont get into a LOS argument during the pirate game and then have to pout for the weekend ;)

Cheetor
Whiskey Priest

Who else?

cheetor

theottovonbismark":2e8tm1z0 said:
A true Oldhammerer should be capable of playing several archaic rulesets concurrently.

So you are in then Seány, right? An old GoMo vet like yourself? Surely.

Asslessman

Captain Crooks":pburki1s said:
Asslessman":pburki1s said:
I actually don't have a model to enter and probably won't have one

What! But... but... I'm almost finished... it'll be in the post any day... *sniff* it has spiky bits on it...

You and me buddy ;) :

grease.jpg

EDIT : That means I join (won't be much confrontation going on if everybody flees to GoMo, I'll skim the confrontatin rules a tad more and 5 hours should be enough :grin:

cheetor

antipixi":2okwg93r said:
Me play too please! My vee-hick-hol is in the works as of last night.

Good stuff antipixi. Im looking forward to seeing it :)

Asslessman":2okwg93r said:
That means I join

I didnt see that coming, nice one JB! Is the grav attack going to get some love?

I will make sure that the game is a very fast thing. Those of you who have access to the GoMo rulebook should check out Scenario 1: Da Rumble. The game will probably be largely like that. Probably. At this late stage I reserve the right to change any and all of the elements.

GoMo isnt just about vehicles, its also about passengers. I suggest that each player has a vehicle and three passengers, which will all be basic stat lines for their race and which will be armed WYSIWYG. Up to one Special weapon per force (which might be too much to be honest...). Vehicles can have a single appropriate mounted weapon, but one of your passengers will have to become a gunner for it.

If players want o have marines or something better than the average human/eldar/ork statline then they will suffer a further penalty. But if you want to use CSMs with your evil deodorant tank then thats fair enough, but you will end up paying for it.

In GoMo players have to be able to put their figures physically in the vehicles. That is too restrictive for our purposes so that rule will be waived. We can use our imaginations to see the various guys getting on and off, like when using a Rhino APC or whatever.

I will write this down properly at a later stage, but for now thats what I am thinking.

Cheetor
Whiskey Priest
Asslessman
antipixi
theottovonbismark ???

Five is enough players for a game for sure. I will put together a synopsis document next week. As long as everyone knows that this will be kinda stupid but hopefully a bit of a giggle it should all work out fine :)

Well done for taking this Cheetor! Don't worry about us having an argument. I suggest if there is even the mildest disagreement we retire to the bar, have a swift pint, tell some dirty jokes and stagger back to the table! :lol:

Asslessman

cheetor":1silcf6h said:
I didnt see that coming, nice one JB! Is the grav attack going to get some love?

Maybe yes but I was refering to Captain Crooks' Vehicle (you know, like when Kenickie hands the keys to Danny)

Oh and since the Saturday will be filled with silly impersonations, there's no reason Sunday shouldn't :

I'll be Jean Girard for this game :

Talladega_Nights_The_Ballad_of_Ricky_Bobby_46544_Medium.jpg

If you guys have never seen The ballad of Ricky Bobby and have nothing against silly movies, here's one for your WE... (you can see I'm taking every opportunity to get an alibi for my strong french accent).

cheetor

whiskey priest":3mxkhlvp said:
Well done for taking this Cheetor!

Well if you want something done... ;)

whiskey priest":3mxkhlvp said:
Don't worry about us having an argument. I suggest if there is even the mildest disagreement we retire to the bar, have a swift pint, tell some dirty jokes and stagger back to the table! :lol:

Im not worried :)
You would have to be a Piers Morgan level of irritating before I would even consider getting in anything approaching a flap about a toy soldier game Colin :)

Asslessman":3mxkhlvp said:
I'll be Jean Girard for this game :

The very best thing about that movie, by quite a stretch :)

Asslessman

If I have the Captain's vehicle, I'm bringing it and I'm sending it back with a victory. In th emeantime I'm going to get some of my fingers out like Colin kindly advised and see about getting this marine fresh vehicle ready. I won't put marines on top, just a bunch of regular cultists.

cheetor":1inmsq46 said:
The very best thing about that movie, by quite a stretch :)

Best thing is while it is outrageously funny, his french accent is not anywhere realistic or convincing at all. (the cappucino and reading Proust while driving part had me in tears though)

cheetor

Asslessman wrote:
Best thing is while it is outrageously funny, his french accent is not anywhere realistic or convincing at all.

300px-Swedish_poser.jpg

Sasha Baron Coens accent in that movie is about as authentic as most of the Irish accents in Gangs of New York, but at least SDC is just doing it for a laugh.

268.jpg

The best awful French accent that I enjoy is that of The Governor (pronounced "Zee Guhverrrnyeuuurrre") in Jack of All Trades. That show has its faults, but its very underrated.

Anyway, I will get a rules document together next week. If you guys could give the basics of GoMo a read through before the big weekend then that would be a great help to keep things going and on schedule.

cheetor

Anyway, I will get a rules document together next week. If you guys could give the basics of GoMo a read through before the big weekend then that would be a great help to keep things going and on schedule.

Its going to be a fornight before I get a chance to put the GoMo scenario for BOYL together. I cant get it done before then. Sorry about the delay, but it cant be helped. Follow the guidelines above when preparing the models and forces and you will be catered for.

Ill post here when I get the document together.

Back