GorkaMorka RT Bash

TO be honest though, I worte my own rules set, Nuclear Renaissance, and just much prefer the vehicle rules from that! WHen and where is BOYL anyway?

My vroom vroom so far
blogger-image-1469394201.jpg

plus possible passenger
blogger-image-566957812.jpg

phreedh

whiskey priest":34ajeud2 said:
plus possible passenger
blogger-image-566957812.jpg
You mean driver, bailing from the driver's seat, which is of course on the LEFT hand side of the car. As is customary in the civilized world. You know.

;)

That's a nice jalopy.

Drive on the right hand side indeed, what if the other gentleman proves to be unfriendly and I need to draw my sword?

ardyer

theottovonbismark":3oynlnss said:
That's a nice jalopy.

Drive on the right hand side indeed, what if the other gentleman proves to be unfriendly and I need to draw my sword?

Draw your pistol instead?

I thought we'd better make some kind of stab at formality for this game (or cannonball run / smokey and the (space) bandit chase madness) and ask who is likely to bring a vehicle along to join in. It looks like there is going to be no theme or limitation (although expect to be told where to go if you bring along a banebalde!) as long as your vehicle is roughly the right size (whatever that is) to work within the gorkamorka mechanics then you can come along and have some fun.

So far those people that have expressed interest are
Me!
Cheetor
Axiom
Asslessman
Theottovonbismarck
Antipixi (providing gear stick in arse!)

If anybody else is interested then post on this thread and we can figure out who to keep updated. Be aware - this is intended to be a no stress, utterly silly and ridiculously goofy game. Be prepared to see daftness!

cheetor

whiskey priest":iez4lle7 said:
Be prepared to see daftness!

I was thinking that my Tenebrainian Enslavers might take to the track to earn some of the respect that they so desperately crave inside their massive, squishy frontal cortices...

{TOP GEAR MUSIC}
brainapc3.jpg

brainapc4.jpg

brainapc5.jpg

{/TOP GEAR MUSIC}

There. That sets the bar and tone quite firmly at "ridiculous", while still being 100% part of the 40K universe.

antipixi

I'm intending to build a dune buggy-esk vehicle for the Ratskins I'm intending to paint for the conf/necro game.

Assuming I get my arse in gear ;), this sounds fun!

I am sooo there. :)

I do have a limited edtion forgeworld Baneblade which has been waiting patiently for 10 years for some painting now that you mention it. :twisted: :roll:

To be honest it is more the miniature equivalent of a fine convertible sports car that I never ever drive and just like to sit in on a sunny day. It's one of those things that was an outrageous impulse buy expense at the time but is probably a great investment of money as every time I look at it I get a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside. Buying minis can be quite counter intuitive sometimes, the head said no but the heart said yes at the time and I don't regret shelling out now at all.

My imagination is far larger than my available carry space so I doubt I will be able to bring over the insane yet to be built vehicle that currently resides in my head. I guess I could fashion it into a hat potentially :grin: .

I think I may end up bringing a modest half-trakk loaded to the gills with a few Red Shadowz and Da Black Major for this one. Probably I will want to throw in Skeletork and [SUBJECT CLASSIFIED] into the mix for some added giggles. Probably at most about 10 models all told (he reasoned naively).

A small number of bikers is a pretty valid option for people considering getting involved - especially for squat-ophiles. My feeling is that given the multi-player mix and the randomness of GoMo there should not really be balance issues. If a combination of troops is particularly nasty they will tend to get ganged up on by the other players.

I've booked a table for Ferrograd to go on for the whole weekend :grin: do we need a separate table for this game or shall we just pack away the board and use the table for going vroom vroom? Ie do we need another table?

I want to be a part of this so bad it's like a physical pain, but it's unlikely i'll be in the vicinity ;) If i put together a vehicle and send it your way, maybe someone can enter it in the derby, for destruction and glory :grin:

Asslessman

Captain Crooks":2b1bhai0 said:
I want to be a part of this so bad it's like a physical pain, but it's unlikely i'll be in the vicinity ;) If i put together a vehicle and send it your way, maybe someone can enter it in the derby, for destruction and glory :grin:

Speaking of which, my grav-attack will never be finished in time... :roll:

Asslessman":doxtto89 said:
Captain Crooks":doxtto89 said:

Speaking of which, my grav-attack will never be finished in time... :roll:

This is like 'Days of Thunder' all over again... JB, will you drive my car and win the GorkaMorka RT Bash...?

antipixi

Just order a 1:48 scale supacat coyote to convert for this.

$T2eC16R,!)QE9s3HE3FfBRb9p1L0Yg~~60_35.JPG

Stripped down a bit, it should make a nice Ratskin gang transport.

Asslessman

OK lads, the timetable indicates this game is in conflict with others, people included in this game are also involved in the conforntation game , quickening game and pirate game which leaves very few slots available, The only 2 I can see are from 1P to 4Pm on Saturday or after the conforntation game on Sunday which is programmed for almost all day but may be shortened if necessary.

Regarding organisation, I'm not volunteering for GMing since I never played the game or even read the rules (I actually don't have a model to enter and probably won't have one). I have no idea how long the confrontation game might last but with a lunchbreak in the middle, I suspect 6 hours are not totally silly if you consider the first hour will be a bit slower as we make the rules ours.
Placing the racegame Saturday means it will be one VERY busy day...

cheetor

My vehicle for this is currently on my painting table. I should have it done within the fortnight, along with some other things.

I dont mind putting together a scenario document and keeping the game ticking over: I have played enough GoMo to manage. There isnt any point in doing that if there isnt a specific timetable slot to play it in. There hasnt been much follow through regarding enthusiasm to play it either. Lightweights ;)

Asslessman":yxh2v7w4 said:
I suspect 6 hours are not totally silly

Jesus. Six hours? Really?

Back