GorkaMorka RT Bash

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2014, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Fri May 02, 2014 12:40 pm

GorkaMorka RT Bash

After Axiom posted his Bratt-mobile there was a healthy discussion on the Facebook group about the possibility of a general sloppy-jalopy vehicle bash em up using Gorka-Morka rules. The idea being to bring along a vehicle and we have a silly chaotic little game (no need to base it on Orks!). I reckon it'd be ideal sunday morning hangover fodder or for later on on saturday. If there is time to squeeze in a game who would be interested in the madness? We could even just have it as a side game to join in on throughout the two days when you don't have anything else to do. Post your thoughts here.

Post Fri May 02, 2014 3:14 pm

Re: GorkaMorka RT Bash

THe vehicle rules form GOrkamorka are really stupid. I think you would be better off just straight using the rogue trader ones!

Post Fri May 02, 2014 3:20 pm

Thanks for that positive input. Anybody else?

Post Fri May 02, 2014 3:25 pm

I'll bring my wheels along & would love to give anything a bash!

Post Fri May 02, 2014 3:39 pm

Im in. I like a bit of non-ork-centric GoMo (and ork-centric GoMo).

ramshackle_curtis wrote:THe vehicle rules form GOrkamorka are really stupid. I think you would be better off just straight using the rogue trader ones!

I understand why people dont like the GoMo vehicle rules Curtis, I really do. That said, I have enjoyed them every time that I have played that game and its perfect for playing at a convention with a bunch of people who dont know each other but know Warhammer basics. They are simple and robust.

The RT vehicle rules dont work. They also definitely dont provide anything even vaguely suitable for a racing game sort of thing. On the other hand, your WiP ork boat looks a lot like a metal worm from Dune to me, rather well suited to a GoMo race. Im just sayin' :)

Post Fri May 02, 2014 4:06 pm

Trouble with RT vehicle rules is there are so many...so players could get confused.

IIRC There were the original rules from 1987

Then these were replaced in the Compendium in 1989

And again they were further completed bastardised in the Proto second edition rules from the 1992 Vehicle Manual (with that weird acetate template ....which I still own and don't really understand!)
For retro sci-fi action visit my Oldhammer 40k Blog:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Post Fri May 02, 2014 4:36 pm

Yes the GoMo rules are really stupid...stupid like a fox! They totally work IMO. I used to think GoMo was a bit silly till I stopped worrying about little details like who is going to win and got on with the killing.

I am soooo there dude VROOM VROOM VROOM, I can't wait to get all my ladz killed while engaged in killing yours!

I have something very special lined up for that one ohh yes, but it's super secret, don't want to ruin the shock value until I finish it. ;)

Grand Buffoon of the Highest Order

Post Fri May 02, 2014 4:39 pm

theottovonbismark wrote: have something very special lined up for that one ohh yes, but it's super secret, don't want to ruin the shock value until I finish it. ;)

Surely not, you don't mean.....

Post Fri May 02, 2014 4:46 pm

Just John wrote:
theottovonbismark wrote: have something very special lined up for that one ohh yes, but it's super secret, don't want to ruin the shock value until I finish it. ;)

Surely not, you don't mean.....

Yes I surely do!

But shhhh, the world is not ready for him yet. :mrgreen:

Post Fri May 02, 2014 5:06 pm

Any space for a chaos grab-attack to pop in? :roll:
Next

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2014