POLL: Where would 'the collective' like to stay?

Nottingham vs. Newark

• YES! I want to stay in Nottingham!

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • YES! I want to stay in Newark!

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • NO! Other useful suggestion which I will describe below! (Please describe below)

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leadpest

Right chaps I'm late to this but as mentioned elsewhere on this forum I'm up for staying in Nottingham and venturing out well and truly into the small hours! Chico has promised me a Jaeger drinking contest :) I will also be on hand to give at least two people a lift to Foundry both days.

Not sure if people are thinking about doing Friday and Sat night in Notts? Apparently (read Realm of Chaos 80s) Foundry are saying we can game on Friday if we like.

Bane

I'm relatively new to all this and at the same time a bit late to the party, but I'll be driving all the way from Hampshire. I'd prefer to stay closer to the foundry venue in Newark, but it's no big deal either way as I'll have my car. Taxi after any beers obviously.

I'll only have a chaos warband with me (will there be a RoC game?) but would love to join in any other games if possible. I'm also going to use the weekend to visit warhammer world.

Lookin forward to meeting you all!

Vyper

Hi Bane, I'm not sure that I'll have more than a RoC army with me either - so worst case scenario you can give me a game. :grin:

lenihan

Those who are voting to stay in Newark... you must be pretty loaded, so can you lend us a tenner to buy some lead? ;)

Skarsnik

So was there a final decision on this? Prices are already starting to go up on hotels from a few weeks ago.

Leromides

I have only a sketchy idea of the local geography but Newark seems the more sensible choice for me since I'm coming by car anyway. Perhaps rather than trying to get everyone to agree to one location or the other we could simply coordinate who is staying where so that those that want to stay in the vicinity of other oldhammer types can do and vice versa of course.

Skarsnik

Leromides":1n30ztfu said:
I have only a sketchy idea of the local geography but Newark seems the more sensible choice for me since I'm coming by car anyway. Perhaps rather than trying to get everyone to agree to one location or the other we could simply coordinate who is staying where so that those that want to stay in the vicinity of other oldhammer types can do and vice versa of course.

Thats a great idea. I'll set up a thread for it.

lenihan

Indeed, especially as there seems to be a sudden push towards Newark on the facebook group, it's getting harder and harder to know what the best thing to do with this is!

Erny

It really isn't too much of an issue, if I end up in the opposite place to where the drinking is, that's what taxis are for.

Back