POLL: Where would 'the collective' like to stay?

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2014, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Nottingham vs. Newark

Poll ended at Fri May 09, 2014 6:21 pm

YES! I want to stay in Nottingham!
50%
YES! I want to stay in Newark!
44%
NO! Other useful suggestion which I will describe below! (Please describe below)
6%

Total votes : 16

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:21 pm

POLL: Where would 'the collective' like to stay?

Hi all

I thought using the awesome power of democracy (or at least, committee), we might determine how best to accommodate ourselves.

I suppose the obvious advantage to anyone staying in Nottingham itself is that trains actually go there and that we can go out on foot on Saturday evening. The obvious downside is the cost.

The advantage of staying out in the country is that we'll be closer to the Ansells' country seat and it's cheaper. The obvious downside is its in the middle of nowhere and will make it harder for those without cars to attend.

So, lets have a poll!

The basis of this really is that those with cars in Nottingham would be happy to provide lifts to those without so that as many as possible can go.
Regards,
Gaj

Always interested in contacting any gamers interested in Warhammer Fantasy 3rd Edition!
Also interested in any old 80's Citadel figures you may want to get rid of.

http://warhammerforadults.blogspot.com

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:43 pm

Re: POLL: Where would 'the collective' like to stay?

As I live in Nottingham, I will stay at my house :-)

I will attend as much of the weekend as allowed by daughter's birthday party and spousal (dis)approval! If there are beers of an evening, Nottingham makes slipping out for a sneaky shandy a lot more feasible ;-)

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:13 pm

I won't be in attendance, but if you do end up staying in Nottingham, I'll happily come and have a drink with you all!

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:14 pm

Is there any room in the grounds of Ansell Towers for camping? That could be fun! Drinks and bbq in the evening!

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:56 pm

whiskey priest wrote:Is there any room in the grounds of Ansell Towers for camping? That could be fun! Drinks and bbq in the evening!

This would be excellent!

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:32 pm

Not sure how to play this one, hence the non commitment vote - quite happy to stay at either location or elsewhere (nice local pub/hotel not far from the venue), but quite happy to run with the majority - just not too keen on the idea of a Sunday morning drive from Nottingham hung-over from the night before. :? :? :?

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

In Dreamfish we trust
In Dreamfish we trust

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:06 pm

As I said on the other thread the key decision to be made .... is where are we drinking .... everything else follows on from that. Are we going out in Nottingham or Newark?

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:16 pm

There are 2 or 3 decent pubs in Newark, but Nottingham definitely has more choice. Plus a late night Greggs :D

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:27 pm

Skarsnik & Old Lead wrote:There are 2 or 3 decent pubs in Newark, but Nottingham definitely has more choice. Plus a late night Greggs :D

Hmm late night Greggs is good, but the question is that is there a good ol' metal bar worth bothering with in Notts? Otherwise I'd rather stick to a small decent pub where I can get served and often with no long Friday/Saturday queues.

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:42 pm

Chico wrote:
Skarsnik & Old Lead wrote:There are 2 or 3 decent pubs in Newark, but Nottingham definitely has more choice. Plus a late night Greggs :D

Hmm late night Greggs is good, but the question is that is there a good ol' metal bar worth bothering with in Notts? Otherwise I'd rather stick to a small decent pub where I can get served and often with no long Friday/Saturday queues.

There are several, but we have to think if that will appeal to everyone in the group.
Next

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2014