BOYL 2014 - 'EVent' Game Proposals

antipixi

I'm about 90% certain to be coming to the weekend now. I definitely have some ratskins and think I have some nomads (all necromunda models). Can I play? :)

Asslessman

antipixi":qry2zoe1 said:
I'm about 90% certain to be coming to the weekend now. I definitely have some ratskins and think I have some nomads (all necromunda models). Can I play? :)

A ratskin gang would be cool to have ! I think we can open another thread now to talk about it we're about 4 to 6 players which is what I expected. I'll developp this a bit later.

Asslessman

Sure, I would have loved o get my arbites done but I'll just take this one step after theother, I'll try to bring some extra bands for others to join anyway.

My working knowledge of the Confrontation rules is pretty marginal....loved the articles; never played with them...so you'll have to be gentle with me!

Asslessman

Legiocustodes":2lzbvi8y said:
My working knowledge of the Confrontation rules is pretty marginal....loved the articles; never played with them...so you'll have to be gentle with me!

No worries, the idea is to use confrontation for the action phase only, combat will be treated with normal rt/40k rules. I'll make a draft of this in a separate thread to get your opinions on this this WE, the aim being to have a very free and straightforward game.

Vyper

Is there likely to be a Chaos Warband fight like there was last year? If so then I'd love to take part.

Golgfag1

Dear All,

In an attempt to interest those attending to try their luck, here's one of the information cards which will be distributed to those brave enough to have a go! I'm doing a run through at Abingdon this Friday to work out any kinks; here's hoping. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll post pictures and more information as we get closer to the event. 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Get to the other side!

Welcome adventurer, you find yourself leading a band of stout hearted fellows in the lands of Lustria, where fortunes are waiting to be picked up out of the dirty, the only trouble is – there are of bands of would be heroes trying to find the exact same treasure – Dastards!
Whilst enjoying the pleasures of a local inn, you found yourself in the company of a jovial fellow who You’ve paid for information, informing you - there’s a village just on the other side of the valley, where’s there are rich pickings to be had, all you have to do is get there and chase off the locals, they’ll more than likely run as soon as you turn up blow your trumpets, beat your drums and wave your banners.
The terrain: – fairly low lying; with hedged fields and ponds of various depths; tall grass, brush and fungi.
Locals: - Slann, Lizardmen & various types of wildlife.
The weather: - Hot & humid, heavy rains mid-afternoon.
Your forces: - You have 100% of your forces (Around about a thousand points), they’re fully supplied and moral is fair.

Fimm McCool

It now seems I am likely to be coming, hooray! :grin:

So I'd like to propose a game.

The Call of Chulaine- a WFB3 multiplayer skirmish featuring (maybe) the most 3rd Ed of all cretaures... the Fimir.

When I started my Fimir army a few years back I decided to invent my own back story to fill the gaping hole GW were nice enough to leave for it. You can find it on my blog , I'll put a link on the Chulaine thread if the idea runs. One of the central events is the sundering of the Fimir race around a gathering of clans at the castle of Chulaine. In this scenario the Mearghs of the dispersed tribes have heard the call to return to the castle for the reunification of the species and its return to dominance. However, the clans are still sunk deep in rivalry and each Meargh believes the rule of the Fimir race should fall to themselves. Thus it is that each sends a band of their most powerful warriors to the meeting, hoping to sieze the leadership by force. The warbands meet at the appointed place, alliances are formed and betrayed, pacts are made and broken, will the Fimir rise again to dominate the Old World or will their own rivalries break all chance of unification forever?

I'll bring a stock of models with me for as many players as want to sign up, of course people are welcome to bring their own clans, I know there are several lurking in the mists out there! Depending on numbers we'll either go for a small force with many players or larger forces with fewer players.

antipixi

Fimm McCool":1t14l5dq said:
It now seems I am likely to be coming, hooray! :grin:

So I'd like to propose a game.

The Call of Chulaine- a WFB3 multiplayer skirmish featuring (maybe) the most 3rd Ed of all cretaures... the Fimir.

When I started my Fimir...

I've added this to the event list thread.

+ if I doesn't overlap other games I'm committed to, I'd love to join in. :)

Golgfag1

OK, so to continue the preparation for BOYL 2014, the Grumdil & I gave Get to the other side a run out yesterday & generally all appeared to work - we first tried sending a thousand points down the table and over fifty percent of the force made it to the other end of the table; ah, should have said that was just re-acting to the automatic activations (step on a mine it goes bang!) :lol: :lol: :lol: ; so we then tried the auto activations and the movement activations together - only this time only about ten orcs from the initial expedition made it - general consensus - If the idea is to stop players getting to the otherside of the table, the scenario worked well, if the idea was to work with multiple players the forces should be smaller & the activation less harsh - however, given that the initial activations were brutal and the later ones less so the conclusion was to give player less points to encourage them to work together rather than kick the proverbial out of one another ;) ;) ;) .

Therefore, if any of you are seriously thinking of giving this one ago during BOYL, I suggest you follow the next posts as they may hep you.

Below, you will find a series of picture and comment , which I'm sure Grumdil will comment in due course.

Hope to see you there

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• First run out 001.jpg
    First run out 001.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 508
  • First run out 002.jpg
    First run out 002.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 508
  • First run out 003.jpg
    First run out 003.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 508