BOYL 2014 - 'EVent' Game Proposals

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2014, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:42 am

Re: BOYL 2014 - 'EVent' Game Proposals

whiskey priest wrote:What Cheetor said, we just need to lock down whether it'll be Saturday and Connected to Asslessman confrontationish game or a standalone or whether it'll be Sunday.

Having elements from our game make a Royal Rumble style entrance/crash landing in the Assless Confrontation whenever we finish up has an appeal if you guys were up for that. If we got our game polished off before lunch on Saturday then that could work out well I think.

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:15 pm

cheetor wrote:
Gaj/weazil (or anyone else who might know): do we need to talk to anyone specific here or at Foundry to book a table as such? If possible I would like to be able to lock it rather than have to sprint for a table Takeshis Castle style on the day ;)

Hi Cheetor

I'm still trying to get a grip on what the new venue will be like (if that is, indeed, where we will be based), but assuming they are able to supply the same number of tables as last time, I'm happy for you to 'book' your table. Basically, my view is that 'show' games get first choice, followed by 'organised' games (that is, games that have been arranged prior to arriving at BOYL 2014), followed by any opportunists arriving on the day. With only one event done so far, I can't claim that our previous experience is enough to make a prediction, but we had empty tables last year, so it really wasn't a problem. Looking at the proposals so far, I'm only seeing a requirement for one large table and more likely two small tables or one large one, depending on how you lot and Asslessman decide your events.

Regards
Gaj
Regards,
Gaj

Always interested in contacting any gamers interested in Warhammer Fantasy 3rd Edition!
Also interested in any old 80's Citadel figures you may want to get rid of.

http://warhammerforadults.blogspot.com

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:25 pm

weazil wrote:I'm still trying to get a grip on what the new venue will be like (if that is, indeed, where we will be based), but assuming they are able to supply the same number of tables as last time, I'm happy for you to 'book' your table.

Thanks for the comprehensive response Gaj.

While I hope to be involved in JB Asslessmans game on some level, I wont be directly involved in the organising of it. So I will leave that in JBs capable hands.

Assuming that this thread counts for booking, I would like to book a single table on Saturday for the "Abdul Goldberg" (working title) scenario that whiskey priest and I will be playing.

Many thanks Gaj, Im looking forward to meeting you in the day (and I really want to pick your brains about the Judge Dredd Rules With No Name variant that you ran late last year, so I will definitely track you down for that :D ). Im looking forward to it already :)

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:26 pm

Just catching myself up on all the planned stuff going on. I would definitely be interested in joining in JB's proposed game. I'm sure I can manage to paint 2 more Brats between now and August for a 5-man gang ;)

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:13 pm

axiom wrote:Just catching myself up on all the planned stuff going on. I would definitely be interested in joining in JB's proposed game. I'm sure I can manage to paint 2 more Brats between now and August for a 5-man gang ;)

8-)

I'll make sure my venators have enough style to their taste.

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:49 pm

Sounds like a plan! All we need is some scavvies, ash waste nomads & Helmawr gangers.

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:45 am

I'm happy to bring a small selection of my Rogue Trader Marines to take part in one of be RT games for those who need another participant.

Me and Thantsants were discussing an Epic game (1992 rules) ...is there much interest in this?
For retro sci-fi action visit my Oldhammer 40k Blog:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:24 am

Agh, yet again too many games to play and so little time!

I'm definitely up for some Epic - possibly a Sunday morning or afternoon?

I'd also be interested in running a simplified Siege game - we didn't quite get round to it during my Battle at the Farm weekend. I have two Mighty Fortresses under construction and a large Goblinoid horde with plenty of artillery that would love to have a crack at it! Lenihan and my mate Ollie are interested - anyone else? It'd probably run all day Saturday or Sunday depending what else is on.

Other than that I'd like to use the rest of my remaining free day between getting my Slann in to action if I can get enough painted up in time and perhaps a bit of Bloodbowl...

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:38 am

I'd like to be involved in a RoC or WFB3 game at some point during the weekend, it works be good to know in advance as either way I'd need to get stuff painted!
My wargaming blog: http://www.Lead-Rising.com.

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:41 am

axiom wrote:Sounds like a plan! All we need is some scavvies, ash waste nomads & Helmawr gangers.

I have a scavvie gang in mind, a tech one too and I'll have at least 2 Helmawr gangers painted by then, only have a couple of waste nomads but they're far in the priority list ...

Definitely should have the techs and Helmwar covered for B-day.
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2014