Oldhammer date poll: Result = 9th/10th of August 2014

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2014, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Which potential dates for Oldhammer 2014 need to be vetoed?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:07 pm

28th/29th June
6%
5th/6th July
6%
12th/13th July
8%
19th/20th July
4%
26th/27th July
6%
2nd/3rd August (Bank Holiday Weekend)
19%
9th/10th August
4%
16th/17th August
6%
23rd/24th August
6%
30th/31st August
8%
6th/7th September
8%
13th/14th September
6%
20th/21st September
4%
27th/28th September
6%

Total votes : 48

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:39 am

Re: Oldhammer date veto.

Zhu Bajie wrote:For those tethered to Nottinghamshire region may I suggest the mutant-mothership for an Oldhammer Takeover?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conte ... =12000019a

I think we should do an event at Warhammer World sometime. It would be great to use that space. However, I don't think it should be this event, our annual 'big gettogether' - my understanding is that Warhammer World would only be comfortable with us using GW figures, and really for the oldhammer weekend we want to be able to use whatever figures are in our collections.
My oldhammer blog: Where the sea pours out

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:52 am

lenihan wrote:
Zhu Bajie wrote:For those tethered to Nottinghamshire region may I suggest the mutant-mothership for an Oldhammer Takeover?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conte ... =12000019a

I think we should do an event at Warhammer World sometime. It would be great to use that space. However, I don't think it should be this event, our annual 'big gettogether' - my understanding is that Warhammer World would only be comfortable with us using GW figures, and really for the oldhammer weekend we want to be able to use whatever figures are in our collections.

...yes, wouldn't it be great to pile into Warhammer World with armies of 3rd edition Citadel at some point? What a site that would make! :D

Location: "I have loved justice and hated inequity; and therefore I die in exile."

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:12 pm

I don't see venues in Scotland, Crete or Reading as credible alternatives to one in the midlands. If someone wants to put forward a good alternative venue in Nottingham, Derby, Birmingham etc. I would be willing to give that idea the time of day. As for suggesting GW HQ over Wargames Foundry, that's just time-wasting. Might I suggest those who are passionate about fixing things that aren't broken start their own thread on their favoured topics of discussion rather than gate-crashing the efforts of others? Nowhere in the title does it say anything about choosing a venue.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchill.

Warlord Paul: AKA Pope Paul the Evangelist, AKA The Despoiler of Sandpits.

http://warlordpauluk.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:17 pm

Warlord Paul wrote:I don't see venues in Scotland, Crete or Reading as credible alternatives to one in the midlands.

Rationale?

And erm, time and space locations are kind of the same thing. No point in setting your heart on Foundry if they're not available at the date everyone can make, if they are that's great.
Last edited by Zhu Bajie on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:21 pm

Paul's right - a few of us, me included, have taken this one OT a little. We can pontificate about venues elsewhere.

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Citadel Collector wrote:Paul's right - a few of us, me included, have taken this one OT a little. We can pontificate about venues elsewhere.

Or here! Do we have dates Foundry is available next year?

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:08 pm

***Content deleted***
Last edited by dieselmonkey on Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:17 pm

dieselmonkey wrote:
Zhu Bajie wrote:Do we have dates Foundry is available next year?

So far, all the dates listed are free in the calendar, with the exception of the bank holiday weekend.

Super!

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:20 pm

Great, open to all venue - available, just given me a date ladies & gentlemen and if I can, I will. :D

Paul / Golgfag1

Zhu Bajie wrote:
dieselmonkey wrote:
Zhu Bajie wrote:Do we have dates Foundry is available next year?

So far, all the dates listed are free in the calendar, with the exception of the bank holiday weekend.

Super!
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/grumpyoldbadger

Location: "I have loved justice and hated inequity; and therefore I die in exile."

Post Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:24 pm

Hello community, thanks to everyone who took part in this. I have been informed that a date has been booked for Bring Out Your Lead II at the Foundry, I hope the organisers found my little polling exercise informative! I will leave the poll active for Zhu's sake, apparently he is organising a bash at Warhammer World which sounds exciting, he may find a use for the data. :D
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchill.

Warlord Paul: AKA Pope Paul the Evangelist, AKA The Despoiler of Sandpits.

http://warlordpauluk.blogspot.co.uk/
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2014