Oldhammer date poll: Result = 9th/10th of August 2014

Which potential dates for Oldhammer 2014 need to be vetoed?

• 28th/29th June

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 5th/6th July

• 12th/13th July

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 19th/20th July

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 26th/27th July

• 2nd/3rd August (Bank Holiday Weekend)

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • 9th/10th August

• 16th/17th August

• 23rd/24th August

• 30th/31st August

• 6th/7th September

• 13th/14th September

• 20th/21st September

• 27th/28th September

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lenihan

Re: Oldhammer date veto.

Zhu Bajie":n9enider said:
For those tethered to Nottinghamshire region may I suggest the mutant-mothership for an Oldhammer Takeover?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conte ... =12000019a

I think we should do an event at Warhammer World sometime. It would be great to use that space. However, I don't think it should be this event, our annual 'big gettogether' - my understanding is that Warhammer World would only be comfortable with us using GW figures, and really for the oldhammer weekend we want to be able to use whatever figures are in our collections.

lenihan":10eqdjxi said:
Zhu Bajie":10eqdjxi said:
For those tethered to Nottinghamshire region may I suggest the mutant-mothership for an Oldhammer Takeover?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conte ... =12000019a

I think we should do an event at Warhammer World sometime. It would be great to use that space. However, I don't think it should be this event, our annual 'big gettogether' - my understanding is that Warhammer World would only be comfortable with us using GW figures, and really for the oldhammer weekend we want to be able to use whatever figures are in our collections.

...yes, wouldn't it be great to pile into Warhammer World with armies of 3rd edition Citadel at some point? What a site that would make! :grin:

I don't see venues in Scotland, Crete or Reading as credible alternatives to one in the midlands. If someone wants to put forward a good alternative venue in Nottingham, Derby, Birmingham etc. I would be willing to give that idea the time of day. As for suggesting GW HQ over Wargames Foundry, that's just time-wasting. Might I suggest those who are passionate about fixing things that aren't broken start their own thread on their favoured topics of discussion rather than gate-crashing the efforts of others? Nowhere in the title does it say anything about choosing a venue.

Zhu Bajie

Warlord Paul":2ughvdlm said:
I don't see venues in Scotland, Crete or Reading as credible alternatives to one in the midlands.

Rationale?

And erm, time and space locations are kind of the same thing. No point in setting your heart on Foundry if they're not available at the date everyone can make, if they are that's great.

Paul's right - a few of us, me included, have taken this one OT a little. We can pontificate about venues elsewhere.

Zhu Bajie

Citadel Collector":pxf9ipjw said:
Paul's right - a few of us, me included, have taken this one OT a little. We can pontificate about venues elsewhere.

Or here! Do we have dates Foundry is available next year?

Golgfag1

Great, open to all venue - available, just given me a date ladies & gentlemen and if I can, I will. :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Zhu Bajie":3vp8kt6i said:
dieselmonkey":3vp8kt6i said:
Zhu Bajie":3vp8kt6i said:
Do we have dates Foundry is available next year?

So far, all the dates listed are free in the calendar, with the exception of the bank holiday weekend.

Super!

Hello community, thanks to everyone who took part in this. I have been informed that a date has been booked for Bring Out Your Lead II at the Foundry, I hope the organisers found my little polling exercise informative! I will leave the poll active for Zhu's sake, apparently he is organising a bash at Warhammer World which sounds exciting, he may find a use for the data. :grin:

Zhu Bajie

Warlord Paul":2ah7032v said:
I will leave the poll active for Zhu's sake, apparently he is organising a bash at Warhammer World which sounds exciting, he may find a use for the data. :grin:

Cheers! "Organising" is a bit strong, more "floating the possibility" and "gauging interest" at the moment :grin:

So, as a latecomer to this, did you guys ever settle on a Foundry date for this summer? :roll:

Doh! Forget that, just found Aug 9th/10th on the other thread :) Will try and get down to see the fun, though probably not to game, this time 8-)

That 9th/10th date became a problem, the working date was last set as the 16th/17th of August.

*EDIT* Wrong info, ignore please. *EDIT*

I don't think it did. I've just checked the other post and it definitely sets 09/10 August as the date for Oldhammer.

Back