Oldhammer date poll: Result = 9th/10th of August 2014

Which potential dates for Oldhammer 2014 need to be vetoed?

• 28th/29th June

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 5th/6th July

• 12th/13th July

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 19th/20th July

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 26th/27th July

• 2nd/3rd August (Bank Holiday Weekend)

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • 9th/10th August

• 16th/17th August

• 23rd/24th August

• 30th/31st August

• 6th/7th September

• 13th/14th September

• 20th/21st September

• 27th/28th September

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After taking all things into consideration a BOYL2 date of 9th/10th of August was announced by the Organisers. Thanks to Orlygg and Weazil.

Re: Oldhammer date veto.

:roll: All dates vetoed by at least 2 people! You can't please all of the masses all of the time I guess!

Orlygg

Well the Bank Holiday is the 23th/24th/25th. I am fairly sure that this date too will be a no go. Family commitments and heavy traffic being two likely culprits for many of us. Additionally, we better actually check these dates are good with the Foundry to. There is no point discounting dates unless we know for sure they are available.

Good points. Let me know if you want me to contact Bryan. He did suggest this whole chunk of the year was available but I haven't discussed specifics with him.

Orlygg

dieselmonkey":3gpp2ebm said:
I can ask Marcus/Diane on Monday about dates, if these are the main options, if you want?

For personal reasons, I also put a veto vote on the bank holiday weekend, as if I'm not actually on holiday, I'll probably be up to something partner-related.

Last time we discussed this we discounted the Bank Holiday due to the difficulty travelling at this date. And the fact that there is always family stuff. We moved the date from the end of August due to Gaj's wife's anniversary but now have a problem with Erny's son's birthday being at the second preferred date of the 16th and 17th of August. And yes please, please do check with Diane about availability of the Foundry in August/Early September as communication is so much easier in person.

Looks to me that the choice will be between the 2nd/3rd or the 9th/10th of August, or something in September. Considering that a large number of us are teachers, myself included, the August dates are going to be the most attractive!

*UPDATE* Well, that's just awesome. All the dates were vetoed in a couple of hours. I have expanded the time-frame as much as I think is prudent, it looks as though it may be the date with the least vetoes rather than a date with zero vetoes so remember to put your reasons in a comment if they are really important. Editing the poll has reset all the vetoes so we are starting from scratch, as of 1730 16/11/13.

Orlygg

Warlord Paul":34j3hnsq said:
*UPDATE* Well, that's just awesome. All the dates were vetoed in a couple of hours. I have expanded the time-frame as much as I think is prudent, it looks as though it may be the date with the least vetoes rather than a date with zero vetoes so remember to put your reasons in a comment if they are really important. Editing the poll has reset all the vetoes so we are starting from scratch, as of 1730 16/11/13.

Ultimately, the date depends on availability of the Foundry and its resources.

Ultimately, the date depends on availability of the Foundry and its resources.

Yes, please note this poll is 'unofficial' and is purely for the community to notify each other of 'can't do under any circumstances' dates for a get-together weekender.

Thantsants

26th-27th July - my son's birthday
Bank Holiday weekend - sure to be some family commitment
16th-17th and 23rd-24th August - likely to be up in the Lakes on my hols.

Everything else - looks like I could wangle something :mrgreen:

Blue in VT

:grin: :lol: :grin: I saw the thread title and thought it said "Oldhammer date VIDEO" hahaha that would have been amusing... :lol:

cheers,

Blue

Golgfag1

Ladies? & Gentlemen,

On the issue of venues, please take into consideration why are we doing this - to meet-up, play a game or two, and generally socialize amongst ourselves whilst drinking the odd beer or two; or are we trying to publicize ourselves to the general gaming community whilst socializing, playing games and drinking the odd beer to two; if the latter, you may want to take into consideration will the venue let casual visitors in to see the show.
I know which premiss I would like to think we'd run with, but it's a group decision at the end of the day and I'll abide by that decision.

Food for thought

Paul / Golgfag1

Other than the fact I like Foundry as a venue my personal choice of location is confined by travel time - anything over a couple of hours is essentially out for me.

The upshot of this is that should the "headline event" take place elsewhere and I am unable to attend, I would still be looking to meet up with any interested parties at Foundry at some point next Summer for a few games, hopefully extending over a weekend.

Zhu Bajie

It would be a real shame if the only date that "the regulars" could all attend was blocked by Foundry because they were off at a show - selling minis and promoting Foundry comes first for them, their running a venue is a secondary concern. It's early days and keeping options and minds open would be good, it's not an either/or choice between Foundry or WHC.

Jon Sutherland runs a place in Crete... http://www.wargameholidays.com/ OK so I doubt anyone would want the expense or hassle but hey, there's a pool!

There's also http://www.commongroundgames.co.uk/ which is in Scotland., perfect for McDeath.

For those tethered to Nottinghamshire region may I suggest the mutant-mothership for an Oldhammer Takeover?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conte ... =12000019a

Skarsnik

I think I can do all of those dates, so I won't veto any of them.

In terms of venue, Foundry seems to have everything we need. It's central, free, has great facilities and the people who run it have shown themselves willing to accommodate whatever needs we have. I genuinely can't see why we would be looking elsewhere.

Of course, the fact that Foundry is within walking distance for me is entirely coincidental :)

Back