Oldhammer Weekender 2014


Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2014, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Posts: 251

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:43 am

Location: France

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:17 pm

Re: Oldhammer Weekender 2014

Golgfag1 wrote:Thanks for the responses guy's,

Here are my first thoughts for a participation/big game - please read my idea & rational behind them - I'm quite happy to take on board other peoples ideas as long as their progressing the game towards it's overall objectives - Having fun and including as many people as possible (in that order). :D :D :D

I quite liked the way the game of 'get to the over side' worked - So, Saturday morning/early afternoon should be given over to running with this idea - only this time the war bands (500 points) will be crossing a swamp in an attempt to get to where a Slann mage is dying; with his minions in attendance trying to keep the grave-robbers away before the tomb is sealed. This allows those players with minimal forces or only there for the day to join-in for a fun filled couple of hours and allows those involved for the long haul to wander about the venue, see what others are doing & participate in other things, if they want to.
This allows players to join-in / drop out when they want to as it's not essential to be there when the game starts, in fact as those who played this game last year will testify - sometimes, it might be better not to go first!
It also allows players form all sides of the spectrum to join-in and help or hinder each another as they see fit (role-playing) which was one of the thing I enjoyed about the game at Abingdon. :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:
There are random events controlled by the GM, which hopefully won't bog the game down too much.

The latter part of the afternoon will be setting up for the next day - THE BIG GAME - Where basically, If, you can get it on the table with the consent of those around you - it's on the table! I will however, take this opportunity to say the Slann mage isn't dead and may just drop a comet on anything that looks to be too nasty!

This allows players with larger collections to get them on the table - units of thirty plus Coldone riders can't be bad? :lol: :lol: :lol:

One question what rules would people prefer to use?

Paul / Golgfag1


Hi Paul,

Bad news for me, I am not certain to be able to come to the Old Hammer week end. :( :( :(
80% of chance to work during this weekend. If I come (20% of chance), I'll know it at the last time probably 15 days befor.

It's preferable to envisage this game without me for the moment.
Bye Nico.
User avatar

Moderator

Posts: 2079

Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:37 am

Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: Oldhammer Weekender 2014

No problem Nico, such things are sent to try us; I'm sure all here will be sad to hear of your tale of woe and say your talents will be missed :cry: :cry: :cry: . Maybe next time.

See you soon

Paul / Golgfag1

Nico wrote:Hi Paul,

Bad news for me, I am not certain to be able to come to the Old Hammer week end. :( :( :(
80% of chance to work during this weekend. If I come (20% of chance), I'll know it at the last time probably 15 days befor.

It's preferable to envisage this game without me for the moment.
Bye Nico.
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/
User avatar

Posts: 1473

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:40 pm

Location: Kävlinge, Sweden

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:51 am

Re: Oldhammer Weekender 2014

Bah, would've loved to show up but current economic situation makes it impossible. It might change, I might end up spending less than budgeted on our den (redecorated from ground up to serve as guest room, play room for the kids and home cinema - so I "need" to buy some new electronics). Also, I'll be selling off some tat in the marketplace soon (maybe this weekend) and the money raised from that will go to my Nottingham fund... =)
User avatar

Posts: 1490

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:08 pm

Post Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:28 am

Re: Oldhammer Weekender 2014

Will see what I can do to help! ;)
User avatar

Posts: 520

Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:05 pm

Post Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:44 am

Re: Oldhammer Weekender 2014

So was about to by my plane tickets tonight, when my email sounded. It seems Foundry is moving from Nottingham to Newark upon Trent? Any idea or knowledge of how this will affect Oldhammer weekend?
User avatar

Moderator

Posts: 2079

Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:37 am

Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire

Post Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:43 am

Re: Oldhammer Weekender 2014

Looks as though Marcus is going to be a busy boy over next few months, hopefully will those attending Salute will learn more and report back in due course.

Exciting stuff :D

Paul / Golgfag1


airbornegrove26 wrote:So was about to by my plane tickets tonight, when my email sounded. It seems Foundry is moving from Nottingham to Newark upon Trent? Any idea or knowledge of how this will affect Oldhammer weekend?
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Posts: 643

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:50 pm

Location: The white stilletoed hell of Braintree

Post Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:21 am

Re: Oldhammer Weekender 2014

airbornegrove26 wrote:So was about to by my plane tickets tonight, when my email sounded. It seems Foundry is moving from Nottingham to Newark upon Trent? Any idea or knowledge of how this will affect Oldhammer weekend?


Its a bit of a surprise for me this morning! We can ask Marcus the score on Saturday.
Warhammer is dead! Long live Third!

Check out Orlygg's blogs at http://realmofchaos80s.blogspot.co.uk/ and http://warhammer40000roguetrader.blogspot.co.uk/
User avatar

Posts: 520

Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:05 pm

Post Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:59 pm

Re: Oldhammer Weekender 2014

Thanks guys. Any news would be appreciated. Tracking on a fair priced ticket dont want them to get away.

Posts: 643

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:50 pm

Location: The white stilletoed hell of Braintree

Post Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Re: Oldhammer Weekender 2014

Steve Casey has had a message from Dianne stating that the Oldhammer Weekend can go ahead as planned. We shall just have to await the details.
Warhammer is dead! Long live Third!

Check out Orlygg's blogs at http://realmofchaos80s.blogspot.co.uk/ and http://warhammer40000roguetrader.blogspot.co.uk/
User avatar

Posts: 520

Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:05 pm

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: Oldhammer Weekender 2014

Great news. I will purchase my plane tickets tonight. Will be arriving in Manchester on the 6th and will take the train down to Newark on Trent now instead of Nottingham. The only thing left is to get a hold of Foundry with their new address to find close hotel accommodations. Thanks for the help guys. Hope everyone had fun at Salute!!!
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2014

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.