Oldhammer Weekender 2014

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2014, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:06 am

Re: Oldhammer Weekender 2014

Harry wrote:I though we were aiming fr the end of August?
I was relying on the summer holidays to paint stuff. :D

Thanks for sorting this out so early. I have not booked my summer hols yet ... I shall now try to leave this weekend free.

There were quite a few birthdays and anniversaries later on in August so we ended up with an earlier date. Better start painting now!
Warhammer is dead! Long live Third!

Check out Orlygg's blogs at http://realmofchaos80s.blogspot.co.uk/ and http://warhammer40000roguetrader.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:57 pm

OK Folks,

I'm hoping to put on a game of Chaos v Slann/lizardmen on over the course of the weekend. Hopefully, Goblinlee will be turning up with one or two of his cold blooded types to join mine; any volunteers to provide the opposition - Nico, Asslessman?

In hope

Paul / Golgfag1

P.S. And before anybody asks - Yes, I will be bringing extra stuff and I will let people borrow it, as I did this year.
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:38 am

WELL, this post certainly killed off any further posts to this topic, I would have thought someone would have posted something in response; but hey ho, these things are sent to try us. Is anybody else after the initial rush to set dates etc. actually go to be doing anything whilst their there ?

In hope

Paul / Golgfag1

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Golgfag1 wrote:OK Folks,

I'm hoping to put on a game of Chaos v Slann/lizardmen on over the course of the weekend. Hopefully, Goblinlee will be turning up with one or two of his cold blooded types to join mine; any volunteers to provide the opposition - Nico, Asslessman?

In hope

Paul / Golgfag1

P.S. And before anybody asks - Yes, I will be bringing extra stuff and I will let people borrow it, as I did this year.

Post Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:47 pm

I'd love to provide opposition if you'll pay for the transatlantic plane flight :lol:

Post Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:48 pm

At this rate I'll becoming to you! :D :D :D

Paul / Golgfag1

ardyer wrote:I'd love to provide opposition if you'll pay for the transatlantic plane flight :lol:

Post Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:25 pm

Hello Paul,

I cannot give of answer for the moment because date of Oldhammer Day 2014 is a little bit far for me. I can answer you in may/Jun 2014.

But if I come (and I am going to make what is needed for that) I would be very happy to play a big game with Asslessman against you and others.

Army choice is hard for me, Chaos, Skaven or O&G...? :? Hard moment for a wargamer :lol:

Post Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:34 pm

I don't think it's a case that people are disinterested Paul, it's just a long way off at the moment. For my part I haven't the faintest idea of what I'll be bringing at the moment, I haven't even thought of it. All I know is that barring an apocalypse (or perhaps an ill child ;) ) I'll be there.

Post Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:00 pm

Well Paul the silence is no sign of lack of interest on my part but more a sign of lack of visibility for now.
Just like Nico said, I'm going to do what it takes to be there and eat some delicious slann legs 8-) with Nico . I just need a couple of months and my son to be born in January to have a better visibility and to prepare something epic with you.

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:30 pm

Thanks for the positive responses Guys,

I know BOYL is a long way off, but I'd like to avoid the pressure of trying to get everything together in the last couple of months as I did this year; if Nico hadn't stepped up to the mark this year - I wouldn't have taken the boy'z up to Nottingham and no doubt would have just tagged along not really getting involved, just looking over other peoples shoulders and admiring the old lead on display, which is my usual habit at such events; where as I got involved and made friends with a few of you.
Hence, here I am, actually getting organized so that I'll turn up with painted figures, an army list, the correct rules (I'm happy to play any edition - apart from, perhaps first) and can now say that I've played third - at least three times and a modicum of idea of what might actually happen, during the course of a game!

Paul / Golgfag1

PS. Nico, I have a bottle of Malt with your name on it, and another, I hope to share with you, hope to see you there. :D :D :D

In Dreamfish we trust
In Dreamfish we trust

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:47 pm

Hey Paul,
I have really enjoyed your company in the three games we have played together.
I will happily join in ... if I'm welcome.
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2014