Oldhammer Weekender 2014

Asslessman

Thanks Whiskey Priest, I think I'll have time to knock a few gangs for people to have "ready to play" gangs if they want, my local shop is running a inquisimunda campaign so I'll have to make some gangs anyway ^^.
- Confrontation gang with Wiskey P.
- Chaos/genestealers Vs the rest of the world with Chico
- Crushing as many frogs to eat them with Golgfag, Goblin Lee, Thantsants

Man, this is going to be a busy WE... when do I get to taste real ales with all of this? ;)

Norse

16th/17th August sounds good to me!

I'm thinking of running a game of Reaper 2e (Olderhammer?), if I can interest a few people in it. Written orders ahoy!

Erny

Ahhh no no to the 16th/17th that's my little boys 6th Birthday.

Wifes can be reasoned with little boys are scared for life by Daddies missing their early birthdays... :shock:

Is there a reason it has to be in August, whats wrong with early September?

Orlygg

I spoke to Marcus today. We have a preliminary booking for the 9th and 10th of August 2014. He is just going to check with Diane that everything is fine with that date and we are away! Apologies in advance if that date is no good for you, but we have had to jiggle quite a few anniversaries, birthdays and other things as it is, so hopefully this is okay for the majority.

Looking forwards to seeing you all there, even if it is nearly a year away!

Orlygg

I have just spoken to the Foundry and they have confirmed that the 9th and 10th of August is fine. So we have our date!

Now what to do?

Marcus was very keen on another painting competition. I am fairly sure that I can create a 'Oldhammer Sword' as a prize (it will be a real sword) as an 'in joke' if you will, but we really need plenty of interested parties involved to make it work! Anyone keen on another painting comp?

Golgfag1

No problem, all being well see you there.

As to the painting Competition are there going to be categories/classes i.e. individual figures, units & armies these can then be broken into sub-class's - machines, mounted & foot; types/game - warhammer & Rogue trooper, epic etc. and then you could pick an overall winner to take the sword; how do you see this? :?: :?: :?:

Paul / Golgfag1

Orlygg":3nyrlpcg said:
I have just spoken to the Foundry and they have confirmed that the 9th and 10th of August is fine. So we have our date!

Now what to do?

Marcus was very keen on another painting competition. I am fairly sure that I can create a 'Oldhammer Sword' as a prize (it will be a real sword) as an 'in joke' if you will, but we really need plenty of interested parties involved to make it work! Anyone keen on another painting comp?

Orlygg

Golgfag1":g8abpyz1 said:
No problem, all being well see you there.

As to the painting Competition are there going to be categories/classes i.e. individual figures, units & armies these can then be broken into sub-class's - machines, mounted & foot; types/game - warhammer & Rogue trooper, epic etc. and then you could pick an overall winner to take the sword; how do you see this? :?: :?: :?:

Paul / Golgfag1

Orlygg":g8abpyz1 said:

Now what to do?

Not thought about it in any great detail, but categories would certainly help people focus their minds in a particular area, wouldn't they? I feel this topic needs a thread of its own.

Padre

That's a shame, I'm booked to be a highwayman at Skipton Castle that weekend. Ah well, there's always 2015. :roll:

lenihan

Padre":3ayo82je said:
That's a shame, I'm booked to be a highwayman at Skipton Castle that weekend. Ah well, there's always 2015. :roll:
That's disappointing, I was relying on you to gm another fantastic game for me.

bug16

I'll be coming along again but this time I'll be bringing my Dark Elves as it gives me the excuse I need to repaint the things! :)

Golgfag1

Sorry to hear that padre, might you consider attending after/before your booking? One days better than nothing, after all
In hope
Paul / Golgfag1

Padre":3l43jgvm said:

Padre

No can do - I am booked both days. I'm sure I'll manage to get to a YOBBOs event at some point. And I am getting my Warhammer fix from the campaign I am currently running. Now, back to painting Tilean militia pikemen ....

Harry

I though we were aiming fr the end of August?
I was relying on the summer holidays to paint stuff. :grin:

Thanks for sorting this out so early. I have not booked my summer hols yet ... I shall now try to leave this weekend free.

Back