Oldhammer Weekender 2014

Orlygg

As some of you will know, those of you who were at Blog-Con, the Foundry is rapidly becoming a popular venue for gaming. In order to get a good date benefitial to most of us, it has been suggested we book a date/s sooner than later. I am therefore starting to get the ball rolling about setting a date for another weekend. I feel that a similar date in August would do well, obviously avoiding Bank Holidays, but it doesn't have to be. So if you are interested in attending a Oldhammer event at the Foundry please let loose your two pence henceforth!

Chico

My vote would be December event like on the 7th!.. What no that's not my birthday honest.. Well Ok if James can get Blogcon on his birthday i want one too heh

Golgfag1

Decide between yourselves and if, I can, I will, particularly as Asslessman really want to see Goblinlee's Slann army & mine take on all comers! .

See you there :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Orlygg

Golgfag1":2xqr3poj said:
Decide between yourselves and if, I can, I will, particularly as Asslessman really want to see Goblinlee's Slann army & mine take on all comers! .

Paul / Golgfag1

Now that would be a thing to see!

Golgfag1

But only if, Asslessman is going to come out and play too?

Paul / Golgfag1

Orlygg":27p1s1ox said:
Golgfag1":27p1s1ox said:

Paul / Golgfag1

Harry

I'm up for getting together again with a selection of oldhammerers. :grin:

As a teacher with in the summer holiday I have more time than most over the summer.

Already planning the GROG "Twas the fight before Christmas" game at my House.

Thantsants

Lots of Slann - I might have a few more painted up by then, along with Lizardmen levies...

Towards the end of the Summer hols would be good for me again - or any other school holiday :mrgreen:

I'm happy to do whenever - which ever date we decide on I wont know for sure if I can make it until closer to the time anyway. But in principle I'll be there!

Orlygg

I've got this discussion on over on Facebook too. And the general view is for the event to take place at the end of August, 30 and 31st I think Paul said! I see no real need for any 'theme' at this stage as it was the sheer range of games we had on play was impressive enough last time.

We did 31st of August and 1st of September this time, the corresponding weekend falls on the 30th and 31st of August next year. I honestly don't remember anybody having a particular problem with the date (except for one or two non-reoccurring things like friend's weddings etc.) but put the record straight if their are any events/anniversaries/birthdays that clash badly. Hotels were quite plentiful and cheap that weekend too it seemed to me, compared to other times I've stayed in Nottingham.

weazil

Hi chaps

I had to move heaven and earth to get there last time - The Minister of the Interior celebrates her birthday on the 29th of August, so a shift one week back into September would win an awful lot of prizes for me.

Padre

As it stands now 16th and 17th Aug is ok for me, 30 & 31st even better. All other weekends that month already booked!

Asslessman

Golgfag1":2tc8xdyc said:
But only if, Asslessman is going to come out and play too?

Paul / Golgfag1

Orlygg":2tc8xdyc said:
Golgfag1":2tc8xdyc said:

Paul / Golgfag1

Well Paul, It would be an honour to both meet you and GL and throw any bretonnians or chaos troops I have at these slanns. I will try my best to attend this one. So many nice lads to meet, dice to throw and so much lead to push, what's not to like.

Thanks you Orlygg for making this first step !

I know this is a bit previous as the date hasn't been finalised yet but asslessman and i have been chatting about confrontation and suggested that it would be cool to run a game on one of the days of the next oldhammer event. If people don't mind or arte even keen then i'll open a thread about organising a game and about confrontation in general. let me know what you guys think.

Mutantdale

Sounds cool Whiskey.. I might even dig out and paint a gang myself.
I missed the last event and will do my best to get to the next one. Confrontation and 40k killing Chico's hybrid horde so far down for me and I'm sure there will be lots more.

MD

whiskey priest":1dkrbng5 said:
I know this is a bit previous as the date hasn't been finalised yet but asslessman and i have been chatting about confrontation and suggested that it would be cool to run a game on one of the days of the next oldhammer event. If people don't mind or arte even keen then i'll open a thread about organising a game and about confrontation in general. let me know what you guys think.

Brilliant idea!

Back