Oldhammer Weekender 2014

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2014, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:20 pm

Re: Oldhammer Weekender 2014

Space Marine 1 was before my time and Space Marine 2 was dying just as I hit the hobby. I played Epic 40k alot though when it first came out, loved the idea of making Warbands look like my 40k armies. Didn't bother with Epic A as I had no one to play it with and all My E40K was sold on for beer and bacon money :(

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:33 pm

Chico wrote:Space Marine 1 was before my time and Space Marine 2 was dying just as I hit the hobby. I played Epic 40k alot though when it first came out, loved the idea of making Warbands look like my 40k armies. Didn't bother with Epic A as I had no one to play it with and all My E40K was sold on for beer and bacon money :(

Orks play very differently in SMv2 compared to Epic 40k. Basically they're less horde and more organised.
"Mind the oranges Marlon!"

My painting blog - Chewing lead

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:13 pm

Thanks to some help and very valuable information info from Bug I'm now 100% committed to joining you guys, if that's ok of course. I'll be bringing Orks (Blood Axe themed of course) and since it's me your'll know it'll be 100% painted :)

No one has a problem of me basing on 2p's though?

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:00 pm

Wow; I'm impressed with the Epic enthusiasm that's surfacing! The more the merrier I say, my mate from the Navy will be bringing stuff too.

Yeah I think a streamlining of the rules would be a good idea; luckily they're pretty fluid anyway!!

Base them on what ever you're happy with....it's old hammer; I actually removed all the bases from my tanks as I felt they looked better without them.
For retro sci-fi action visit my Oldhammer 40k Blog:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:14 am

AM I being super dumb here, because I cannot find when this is being organised for? What date? Can the opening poster please edit the fist post to include the proposed date of the event? That would make life easier for me! I always forget the date of games! Also how do I register?

Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:15 am

When - second weekend in August; Venue - to be confirmed; what - being discussed.

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:40 am

Alas, Oldhammer weekend for me will be a No Go.

I really thought this was going to work out, but to much has come up in the past few weeks.

Hopefully next year then! Can't wait to see all of the reports.

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:54 pm

Oh dear! That's a huge pity! I was really looking forward to meeting you and possibly facing off against your lovely chaos horde...

Hopefully things might change for you, or that you at least get another opportunity!

Regards
Gaj
Regards,
Gaj

Always interested in contacting any gamers interested in Warhammer Fantasy 3rd Edition!
Also interested in any old 80's Citadel figures you may want to get rid of.

http://warhammerforadults.blogspot.com

Post Sat May 03, 2014 8:58 pm

Legiocustodes wrote:Wow; I'm impressed with the Epic enthusiasm that's surfacing! The more the merrier I say, my mate from the Navy will be bringing stuff too.

Yeah I think a streamlining of the rules would be a good idea; luckily they're pretty fluid anyway!!

Base them on what ever you're happy with....it's old hammer; I actually removed all the bases from my tanks as I felt they looked better without them.

Have you got a preference of which day. I'd go for the Sunday personally as I'm hoping to fit my siege in on the Saturday - before my mind is befuddled with hangover... :mrgreen:

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Sat May 03, 2014 9:04 pm

I'd be happy to play it on either day or both days, if anyone wants a smaller 1 on 1 or such like on the other day then I'm game for that. I'm only bringing Epic as it's going to be a pain for me to bring much else.
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2014