Oldhammer Weekender 2014

lenihan

I'm afraid I didn't, I took part in the Rumble in the Jungle, but Orylgg and Warlord Paul did and I'm sure they'd be happy to enlighten!

I loved last year's event, so I'm definately going to make the effort to attend the 2014 event as well.

I'm up for another Realm of Chaos battle, perhaps with some fancy terrain and a scenario of some sort?
However, I'd definately like to see (and hopefully participate in) some Rogue Trader this time round, even if it's just a basic "Battle at the Farm" style affair!

Just wanting to confirm that Aug 9-10th 2014 are the days for Oldhammer Weekend at Foundry.

I am starting to look for flights and wanted to make sure I had the dates right.

Also are there hotel accommodations close to Foundry?

Thanks

Orlygg

Yes, Weekend of the 9th and 10th of August, due to the high number of wedding anniversaries that occur in the Summer! :grin: Plenty of accommodation in the city.

Chico

Looking like this year will far out do last years event :) But that's only because I'm going to be there with a crate of Gunniness & Black muhahaha

Orlygg

Guniness? Chico, I thought you said you were doing a cabaret performance for us!? I was dying to meet your alter-ego; Ruby Snatch!

She sounded marvellous!

Chico

Orlygg":37kjn3os said:
Guniness? Chico, I thought you said you were doing a cabaret performance for us!? I was dying to meet your alter-ego; Ruby Snatch!

She sounded marvellous!

Heh I have you know my alter-ego is Candy Kunt, and you still need to pay up from last time :p

phreedh

I might actually end up going, so could someone in the know please collect all known information in a sticky informative post... stuff like:
Date (and time) - so us who travel far can plan flights and hotel nights.
Location (including address)
Nearest airport (and suggested means of transportation from airport to venue)
Hotels suggestions (both cheap, close or quality)

I've cleared the date with my Mrs but I still need to get an ok from the treasurer as well. =)

weazil

Hi phreedh

I'm looking to start producing the official 'gumpf' over the next few weeks - I'd like to officially 'declare' BOYL 2014 in the first week of March if possible. I thought I'd start with some polls to gauge the things that are the most relevant now that we've had a go at organising something like this.

Anyway, the 'gumpf' should have all the things you're interested in.

Nico

Golgfag1":203mfkak said:
Thanks for the responses guy's,

Here are my first thoughts for a participation/big game - please read my idea & rational behind them - I'm quite happy to take on board other peoples ideas as long as their progressing the game towards it's overall objectives - Having fun and including as many people as possible (in that order). :grin: :grin: :grin:

I quite liked the way the game of 'get to the over side' worked - So, Saturday morning/early afternoon should be given over to running with this idea - only this time the war bands (500 points) will be crossing a swamp in an attempt to get to where a Slann mage is dying; with his minions in attendance trying to keep the grave-robbers away before the tomb is sealed. This allows those players with minimal forces or only there for the day to join-in for a fun filled couple of hours and allows those involved for the long haul to wander about the venue, see what others are doing & participate in other things, if they want to.
This allows players to join-in / drop out when they want to as it's not essential to be there when the game starts, in fact as those who played this game last year will testify - sometimes, it might be better not to go first!
It also allows players form all sides of the spectrum to join-in and help or hinder each another as they see fit (role-playing) which was one of the thing I enjoyed about the game at Abingdon. :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:
There are random events controlled by the GM, which hopefully won't bog the game down too much.

The latter part of the afternoon will be setting up for the next day - THE BIG GAME - Where basically, If, you can get it on the table with the consent of those around you - it's on the table! I will however, take this opportunity to say the Slann mage isn't dead and may just drop a comet on anything that looks to be too nasty!

This allows players with larger collections to get them on the table - units of thirty plus Coldone riders can't be bad? :lol: :lol: :lol:

One question what rules would people prefer to use?

Paul / Golgfag1

Hi Paul,

Bad news for me, I am not certain to be able to come to the Old Hammer week end. :( :( :(
80% of chance to work during this weekend. If I come (20% of chance), I'll know it at the last time probably 15 days befor.

It's preferable to envisage this game without me for the moment.
Bye Nico.

Golgfag1

No problem Nico, such things are sent to try us; I'm sure all here will be sad to hear of your tale of woe and say your talents will be missed :cry: :cry: :cry: . Maybe next time.

See you soon

Paul / Golgfag1

Nico":1ib2e2xy said:
Hi Paul,

Bad news for me, I am not certain to be able to come to the Old Hammer week end. :( :( :(
80% of chance to work during this weekend. If I come (20% of chance), I'll know it at the last time probably 15 days befor.

It's preferable to envisage this game without me for the moment.
Bye Nico.

phreedh

Bah, would've loved to show up but current economic situation makes it impossible. It might change, I might end up spending less than budgeted on our den (redecorated from ground up to serve as guest room, play room for the kids and home cinema - so I "need" to buy some new electronics). Also, I'll be selling off some tat in the marketplace soon (maybe this weekend) and the money raised from that will go to my Nottingham fund... =)

So was about to by my plane tickets tonight, when my email sounded. It seems Foundry is moving from Nottingham to Newark upon Trent? Any idea or knowledge of how this will affect Oldhammer weekend?

Golgfag1

Looks as though Marcus is going to be a busy boy over next few months, hopefully will those attending Salute will learn more and report back in due course.

Exciting stuff :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

airbornegrove26":da4d05m6 said:
So was about to by my plane tickets tonight, when my email sounded. It seems Foundry is moving from Nottingham to Newark upon Trent? Any idea or knowledge of how this will affect Oldhammer weekend?

Orlygg

airbornegrove26":1riq5nco said:

Its a bit of a surprise for me this morning! We can ask Marcus the score on Saturday.

Orlygg

Steve Casey has had a message from Dianne stating that the Oldhammer Weekend can go ahead as planned. We shall just have to await the details.

Great news. I will purchase my plane tickets tonight. Will be arriving in Manchester on the 6th and will take the train down to Newark on Trent now instead of Nottingham. The only thing left is to get a hold of Foundry with their new address to find close hotel accommodations. Thanks for the help guys. Hope everyone had fun at Salute!!!

Back