Oldhammer Weekender 2014

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2014, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Tue May 06, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Oldhammer Weekender 2014

Aye I'm doing some terrain, at this point it's just a handful of painted and based buildings. Not sure how much I'm going to have done (It's at ebays whim) and how much I''ll be able to bring up dew to travelling.

Post Tue May 06, 2014 9:00 pm

No worries Legio - just keep an eye out for a few question on the epic thread.

Sounds good Chico - every little helps. :mrgreen:

Post Tue May 06, 2014 10:02 pm

Thantsants wrote:Curtis - is it ok if I sign you up for the Orks on the epic thread?

Yes, cool thanks Thantsants. Which thread is it though please? I need to know how many points.....

Post Tue May 06, 2014 10:11 pm

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2955

I reckon if we all start posting what we've got with points values then we'll have an idea what we're up against. I'm not too worried about perfectly balanced forces but obviously we want everyone to have a good game - check out my scenario idea as well.

Post Sat May 10, 2014 5:38 pm

Quick questions:

There has been mention of food being available in some of the threads.
    Which meals are available (Saturday lunch, Saturday tea, Sunday lunch, etc)?
    How do we sign up?
    How much does it cost?
    Who do we pay?

Thanks for any help in this area. I am getting way too excited about this event and this means I want to plan, paint and play NOW! :geek:

Chris
P.S. sorry if this has already been answered. I promise I did have a quick search before posting.

Post Mon May 12, 2014 1:53 pm

Hi all

Firstly, apologies for the lack of information on the event. I am absolutely on top of it, but... I'm in the wrong country.
The main problem is that I'm currently in South Africa (only due to return on the 24th) - the internet connection here is awful. I had hoped to be able to continue with the organisation of this (all a little on hold whilst Foundry move) but its proven to be quite hard with this connection.

I'll set up the event registration and 'publicity' when I return.

Antipixi, These are great questions - and no, they've not yet been answered (officially, anyway).

Antipixi wrote:How do we sign up?

When I return, I will create the BOYL 2014 sign up form. Experience from last year suggested that I didn't need to run it for quite as long as I did last year (6 months+), so I've only planned a 2-3 month lead time. I'll announce when that's available - it should be in the next three weeks. At the end of the day, the signup is only for us to what types of games will be played and how many tables need to be provided.

Antipixi wrote:How much does it cost?

Antipixi wrote:Who do we pay?

There will be no cost for the event. This is another reason I didn't want to run registration for too long - its easy for people to sign up and then just not attend. If we were collecting money, that would be different, but we're not. This is an extension of the generosity of The Foundry, who are offering us the venue for free. Also, as this is not a tournament, there will be no prizes - there might be an exception for the painting elements, but I've not pursued that too hard as there were all sorts of questions about who should be allowed to enter and what the categories should be. I'll start that thread up when I get back from SA.

In terms of food costs, though - The Foundry have the means to provide pub like meals at pub like prices. As an example, Foundry had hot dogs and bacon rolls (I think, I don't remember) for lunch and we had a curry or chilli con-carne for the dinner (which they literally pieced together for us at around 18:00). They are licensed to sell alcohol and had a selection of beers and ales, as well as soft drinks, chocolates and crisps. They also provide tea and coffee. These are all cash transactions only, so do be mindful that you'll want cash on the day.

Marcus has suggested that they will have access to better catering facilities, but I can't bed out what that means to us until I return. I suspect he is referring to the fact that Stoke Hall is already a first class catering site, so they don't have to move anything around and don't have to 'carry stock' as it were. I'd be interested to see what else they might be able to offer as a result of this, though.

I hope that helps.
Regards,
Gaj

Always interested in contacting any gamers interested in Warhammer Fantasy 3rd Edition!
Also interested in any old 80's Citadel figures you may want to get rid of.

http://warhammerforadults.blogspot.com

Post Mon May 12, 2014 3:20 pm

That is useful, Gaj, as I was wondering the same things about food etc. Thanks.

Post Mon May 12, 2014 5:57 pm

weazil wrote:I hope that helps.

Yes it does, Gaj. :D

Thanks for the response. Much appreciated. ;)

Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:59 pm

I have forgotten what date this thing is on, please post it in the thread title or on the opening post!

Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:04 pm

add the oldhammer google calendar to your own if you have a google account : oldhammercommunity@gmail.com.

it's the 7, 8 and 9 th of August.
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2014