Post Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:00 pm

Eldritch Raiders the Army - Beginnings

Author: axiom
Blog: Magpie and Old Lead

I can't remember exactly when I build my last actual army. I know it was for a tournament in the mid-2000s. I know it was Eldar, and I know it was when the plastic Dire Avengers had just been released. I know this because I built lots of them.

Since then I have focused solely on skirmish level games. Blood Bowl. Necromunda. Inquisimunda. Shadow War Armageddon. I have not desired making or playing with an army in any way shape or form.

But then some of the Oldhammer folks started doing the Old World Army Challenge, and I wondered whether a small army might be feasible. Whether it might be fun. Whether I should actually make one of the armies I've always wanted. At the same time Asslessman over at Leadplague was having similar thoughts. So we made a gentleman's agreement to each build and paint a 40k army over the course of 2018. In fact Asslessman has already made a start with his fabulous chaos squats. Check them out. I on the other hand, will be building a delicate, refined, classical Space Elf force using the Eldritch Raiders list from the Book of the Astronomican.

Read more »