Post Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:00 pm

Beasty boy

Author: Steve Casey
Blog: Eldritch Epistles

This one has been in my undercoated pile for a little while, and happens to be one of my fav beastmen of the classic Realm of Chaos era. A classic Jes Goodwin sculpt.

Paint-wise I've used a mixture of Foundry and GW, and for the first time I tried P3 paints (on the skull head). I like the P3, but if I'm honest the only reason I picked them up was because I visited my FLGS looking for something else which I couldn't get, so didn't want to leave empty-handed. Aren't I considerate? I'd consider buying more P3 but in the same way as most of us amass figures I also seem to amass paints. Many many of my paints have never been used. Partly to do with the fact I haven't done *that* much painting but more because I find it hard to resist the "shiny shiny" as it were.

I also have a confession to make - I recently bought a load of the GW dry paints. I've heard some berate these as a corporate scam, but do you know what? I think they are great! I know I could probably get the same result from the regular paints but I find I actually use the dry paints, which is always a good sign! In this case the reddish rear of the beastman was drybrushed, and I'm happy with how it turned out.

If you want to know what any of the other colours are just leave a comment below.

Cheers!