New Rogue Trader Scenario Generator


Having a hard time getting into narrative gameplay? Have a go at one of our scenarios!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar

Posts: 135

Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:40 pm

Location: Kingstown, Ireland.

Post Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:37 pm

New Rogue Trader Scenario Generator

Gentlemen,

I had the idle thought of creating a New Rogue Trader Scenario Generator. I have very fond memories of the Scenario Generator in the book, though I don't think we ever managed to successfully play a game based on it. But be that as it may, I would like to add a few more to the list and hopefully spark the creative juices of those who find themselves short of ideas.

But rather than allow myself to write any old thing, I decided on some basic rules. Arbitrary rules are very much in the spirit of Oldhammer and more importantly they appeal to my deeply authoritarian soul. The rules of the New Rogue Trader Scenario Generator are as follows.

1. Title (Every scenario must be named after a song by Queen)
2. One hundred words maximum.

With 16 studio albums there's plenty of titles to choose from.

I'll keep slogging away until I run out of song titles or ideas or enthusiasm. Anyone who wishes to may contribute, but I would ask that you adhere to the two rules above.


No. 1 - Death on two legs
No. 2 - Ogre Battle
No. 3 - I want to break free
No. 4 - Great King Rat
No. 5 - You're my Best Friend
No. 6 - Fat Bottomed Girls
No. 7 - Delilah
No. 8 - Hammer to Fall
No. 9 - Procession
No. 10 - Under Pressure
No. 11 - Play the Game
No. 12 - Bicycle Race
No. 13 - One Vision
No. 14 - Tie Your Mother Down
No. 15 - Radio Ga Ga
No. 16 - Keep Yourself Alive
No. 17 - Don't Stop Me Now
No. 18 - Princes of the Universe
No. 19 - I'm going slightly mad
No. 20 - Mustapha
No. 21 - Another one bites the dust
Last edited by thequestingvole on Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

Posts: 135

Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:40 pm

Location: Kingstown, Ireland.

Post Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:39 pm

Re: New Rogue Trader Scenario Generator

No. 1. Death on two legs (dedicated to...?)

The boss/planetary governor/chaos lord has a new giant walking death machine which can rain down destruction on his foes and he is planning on showing it off at a parade tomorrow. Unfortunately, during routine maintenance it has malfunctioned and has gone haywire. It is marching out of control towards the palace. You must get back on board and regain control before the boss finds out what really happened. Unfortunately it looks like the malfunction was caused by a group of rebels/enemy agents who are also trying to seize control of the machine.

(I must admit Optimus's Helsreach Walker was what inspired this one).
User avatar

Posts: 135

Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:40 pm

Location: Kingstown, Ireland.

Post Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:40 pm

Re: New Rogue Trader Scenario Generator

No. 2. Ogre Battle

Two expeditionary forces have arrived to investigate the mysterious mirror mountain on the planet Grate Wen. The mountain is a relic of a lost civilisation and holds a treasure trove of high technology. The two forces must race to discover which of the eight entrances on the mountain is the correct one.

Little do the explorers know that the mirror mountain has it's own defences and the door you enter will not necessarily be the one you leave.

The planet is inhabited by a tribe of primitive and malodorous ogryns, who despite being unable to use the mountains treasures, refuse to be parted from them. Their leader Kenn Scarlat has managed to activate a single auto laser that will knock down any flying model on the board.

The ogres are susceptible to bribes of food or shiny objects of course.
User avatar

Posts: 135

Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:40 pm

Location: Kingstown, Ireland.

Post Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:27 pm

Re: New Rogue Trader Scenario Generator

No. 3 I want to break free

An ancient evil lies trapped on the black planet Birmingham - a brutal and savage Warp Entity that can only be summoned by the shedding of blood at three secret sites. These sites are now covered by a shantytown outside the Birmingham Primaris Hive. The Birmingham PDF are dealing with a group of striking workers in the shantytown. Things are peaceful at present as the PDF are trying to move the strikers off the main road, but a number of local gangers are attempting to stir things up. Meanwhile, a group of Chaos Renegades have arrived to summon the entity by shedding blood at the three profane sites, while an undercover Inquisitor attempts to stop them. If blood is shed at all three of the secret locations (known only to the GM and the Chaos player) the Warp entity will manifest and all hell will break loose.
User avatar

Posts: 1114

Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:20 am

Location: Parramatta, Australia

Post Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:51 pm

Re: New Rogue Trader Scenario Generator

No.4 Great King Rat
The sewers of Mercury City have been abuzz with rumours of a new Under-King, an ambitious warlord keen to upset the Status-Quo with the top-side authorities. Approached by the governor, seperate mercenary groups have been hired, each unaware of the other, to Journey into the dangerous undercities to eradicate this upstart. However, Great King Rat is prepared, and Dire Straits await any who challenge his claim to rule...
Image
User avatar

Posts: 135

Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:40 pm

Location: Kingstown, Ireland.

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:04 am

Re: New Rogue Trader Scenario Generator

Captain Crooks wrote:No.4 Great King Rat
The sewers of Mercury City have been abuzz with rumours of a new Under-King, an ambitious warlord keen to upset the Status-Quo with the top-side authorities. Approached by the governor, seperate mercenary groups have been hired, each unaware of the other, to Journey into the dangerous undercities to eradicate this upstart. However, Great King Rat is prepared, and Dire Straits await any who challenge his claim to rule...


Bravo!

Damn...I had an idea for a Great King Rat scenario. Better get weaving on something else.
User avatar

Posts: 1114

Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:20 am

Location: Parramatta, Australia

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:15 am

Re: New Rogue Trader Scenario Generator

thequestingvole wrote:
Captain Crooks wrote:No.4 Great King Rat
The sewers of Mercury City have been abuzz with rumours of a new Under-King, an ambitious warlord keen to upset the Status-Quo with the top-side authorities. Approached by the governor, seperate mercenary groups have been hired, each unaware of the other, to Journey into the dangerous undercities to eradicate this upstart. However, Great King Rat is prepared, and Dire Straits await any who challenge his claim to rule...


Bravo!

Damn...I had an idea for a Great King Rat scenario. Better get weaving on something else.


Two versions were released on the reissue of Queen, just make it a sequel :)

'You're my best friend' is my next one, FYI ;)
Image
User avatar

Posts: 135

Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:40 pm

Location: Kingstown, Ireland.

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:18 am

Re: New Rogue Trader Scenario Generator

Captain Crooks wrote:
thequestingvole wrote:
Captain Crooks wrote:No.4 Great King Rat
The sewers of Mercury City have been abuzz with rumours of a new Under-King, an ambitious warlord keen to upset the Status-Quo with the top-side authorities. Approached by the governor, seperate mercenary groups have been hired, each unaware of the other, to Journey into the dangerous undercities to eradicate this upstart. However, Great King Rat is prepared, and Dire Straits await any who challenge his claim to rule...


Bravo!

Damn...I had an idea for a Great King Rat scenario. Better get weaving on something else.


Two versions were released on the reissue of Queen, just make it a sequel :)

'You're my best friend' is my next one, FYI ;)


Crack on squire!
User avatar

Posts: 1114

Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:20 am

Location: Parramatta, Australia

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:19 am

Re: New Rogue Trader Scenario Generator

No. 5 You're my Best Friend
Atop a craggy mountain peak, within a hardened fortress, Brion-Mayy sits on his obsidian throne. Granted immortality by an accident of dark science, his body is impervious to harm, and his mind has become twisted with insanity. Gathering evil forces about him, he is set for world domination.
His best friend Farrokh Bulsara has travelled the breadth of the galaxy to find the means to release Brion-Mayy from an eternity of evil: a sword of strange metal that can cleave between the fabric of reality (it's a kind of magic). Deliver Farrokh past the fortress defences so he can face his best friend in single combat and end his unnatural life.

Also, the mountain is rigged to explode. Brion-Mayy worries not about explosions.
Image
User avatar

Posts: 105

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:22 pm

Location: Above the cut, Taliban Territory, Sandwell, England.

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:28 pm

Re: New Rogue Trader Scenario Generator

No.6 - Fat Bottomed Girls

Lhardarz XI is a high-gravity world that has produced a heavy-set race of pear-shaped native humans whose society is run along matriarchal lines. Originally non-rotating, gargantuan plasma engines were affixed to the equator to induce planetary rotation and create a day/night cycle. Hostiles plan to strike these engine facilities and slow the planets rotation to a stop causing fatal disruption to Lhardarz's agriculturally-based economy. Defenders must fight off the attackers and protect the female workers who are operating the facilities. Loss of workers and machines will harm the future viability of the planet.
Image
Next

Return to Missions & Scenarios

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.