New Rogue Trader Scenario Generator

Thanks JB.

I will add the list to the first post.

Asslessman":2kx0c3vd said:
No. 20 - Mustapha

Farokh Bulsara has been assigned the mission to locate Abdul Goldberg, notorious member of the ZOHAN (Zanzibar Order of the High Antares Network) a criminal organisation. Having found clues of Goldberg's presence on Perseus' 1st moon Stonetown, Farokh is to infiltrate the ennemy base and engage Abdul to get in into custody. Farokh's presence has been leaked by a mole thoug and he will be expected, you don't mess with the ZOHAN...

Oh and just for the conviniency of the other posters, here's a round-up of the scenarii so far, if the OP wishes to integrate and update a list of them in his first post :

No. 1 - Death on two legs
No. 2 - Ogre Battle
No. 3 - I want to break free
No. 4 - Great King Rat
No. 5 - You're my Best Friend
No. 6 - Fat Bottomed Girls
No. 7 - The Star Fleet Project (refused)
No. 7 - Delilah
No. 8 - Hammer to Fall
No. 9 - Procession
No. 10 - Under Pressure
No. 11 - Play the Game
No. 12 - Bicycle Race
No. 13 - One Vision
No. 14 - Tie Your Mother Down
No. 15 - Radio Ga Ga
No. 16 - Keep Yourself Alive
No. 17 - Don't Stop Me Now
No. 18 - Princes of the Universe
No. 19 - I'm going slightly mad
No. 20 - Mustapha

No 21 - Another one bites the dust

Captain Roland of the Blood Angels are part of the rearguard of a force of marines evacuating a mountain pass accompanied by Veteran Sergeants Oliver and Turpin. The boys of Waaaagh Moorsh are pouring in behind them and the marines are hard pressed. However, Captain Roland refuses to activate his distress beacon lest that Chapter Master think he is afraid. The Orks & Roland are played by the Umpire, while Oliver and Turpin (and their attached squads, etc) are player controlled. Roland will activate the beacon once asked and reinforcements will arrive on following turns. If the Orks wipe out the marines, both players lose. The winner is the player whose forces have taken at least one casualty, but fewer than the other players at the end of the game.

Asslessman

thequestingvole":2cwghf75 said:
No 21 - Another one bites the dust

Captain Roland of the Blood Angels are part of the rearguard of a force of marines evacuating a mountain pass accompanied by Veteran Sergeants Oliver and Turpin. The boys of Waaaagh Moorsh are pouring in behind them and the marines are hard pressed. However, Captain Roland refuses to activate his distress beacon lest that Chapter Master think he is afraid. The Orks & Roland are played by the Umpire, while Oliver and Turpin (and their attached squads, etc) are player controlled. Roland will activate the beacon once asked and reinforcements will arrive on following turns. If the Orks wipe out the marines, both players lose. The winner is the player whose forces have taken at least one casualty, but fewer than the other players at the end of the game.

Excellent, I could just picture Roland waiting for reinforcements coming from a huge Durandal class airship...

On a side note, I would like to change the name of mission n°19 to Innuendo please.

Asslessman

No. 22 - The show must go on

Murkree and his troop of harlequin war dancers have crossed many empty spaces until they've landed on this abandonned place filled with tyrannid parasites.
The macrospecies are attacking them while the microspecies have sentenced the artists to an inevitable death.
The harlequins must overkill and find the will to carry on. The Eldar player must have at least one model doing nothing but dance every turn until the end of the last turn to win, Otherwise the tyrannid player wins.
Murkree's make-up may be flaking but his smile still stays on...

The Fat Git

Love this thread. :grin:

Hijack My Heart. Silepetto Tong governor of Golem's World has ordered a full organ replacement procedure due to failing health and a desire to live for another 80+ years. Rebel forces have discovered that the small but heavily armed convoy will be travelling through a narrow pass where radio signals are impossible due to the nature of the rock formations. The rebels must stop the convoy from reaching it's destination, or at least the vehicle containing the live organ donor. If the doomed prisoner escapes off the board will mean decades more of this brutal regime.

This is actually a Queen song on the B side of The Miracle, is that allowed?

The Fat Git

We will Rock You. An angry mob of Redemptionists have stormed the only drinking establishment on the mining moon of Jizzlob intending to destroy all the alcohol and execute the dancing girls/boys/xenos by stoning. This coincides with the local miners shift arriving at the end of their 36 hour shift, raring for some R&R. A bloody skirmish breaks out with local law enforcement arriving to restore order.

Asslessman

No. 25 - Killer Queen

Sector Mo8, Panet Chandon, the agroworld economy relies on the breeding of a certain species for its meat and diverse sub-product. The queen of the colony has gone rogue and killed many of the farmers and workers. The queen is on a rampge, it's insatiable in appetite and playful as a pussycat. the only means available to harm it are dynamite and laserguns but the queen lies amongst the eggs.
The mission for the workers is to destroy the killer queen without damaging the eggs in the nest while some of its underlings may be driven wild.

Niibl

No. 26 - Crazy Little Thing Called Love

„Love“, the beloved pet of his most serene arch deacon Sergius has gone missing.
“Bring it back!” was all he said and passing the pet keeper’s blood and entrails you quickly left without further questions.
Now you are looking for Love not knowing what it looks like (you hope it comes with a name tag).
Given the deacon’s eccentric taste you look for a croak hound, a claw fiend, a razor rat, a milliasaur or a frenzied mutant slave.
And there are plenty of those around.
Catch each one in turn with your webber to look for the tag. Avoid killing it. Avoid getting killed.
Deal with competitors like angry pet owners (who don’t like their pets being webbed), ecologists, hunters and kidnappers.

Asslessman

Excellent one, I love it, my fave quote : "Now you are looking for Love not knowing what it looks like "

too bad we have to take 23 randomly chosen words out of it to make it fit the criteria

Niibl

too bad we have to take 23 randomly chosen words out of it to make it fit the criteria
Oww, don't be so harsh :( Even the OP himself does not care about the words limit and I shortened it at least by 50% before posting it.
So I try to be good.

No. 27 - Seven Seas of Rhye

Gigantic mono cultures of a crop called rhye cover the planet Argersport’s seven continents.
The annual harvest is drawing closer when contact to the harvesters Stradlater, Ackley and Maurice is lost.
Grainy satellite pictures show a black spot, a spreading island in the seas of Rhye.
This could be a fungus! Your squad of PDF troopers head out there with the harvesters Antolini, Holden and Phoebe to investigate.
The prediction was correct. Ork freebooters spread a special kind of fungus they need to refuel their crashed ship.
Kill the Orks and and destroy the contaminated rhye with your harvesters.
Beware of going overboard! The crops will provide good cover but movement is difficult.
And dont forget: the Orks have three harvesters too and their blades are sharp.
(yes, I know. 127 words)

Asslessman

Sorry about being such a prick, I couldn't help it but I meant it as a joke really ;)

I love this one too, I actually had a plan for the seven seas of Rhye myself (totally different) but I jus tlove seeing what other people come up with (just like seeing someone esle paint a modle you painted too).

Coopdevil

I was thinking the other day that once the Queen titles are exhausted we should start a new one with Frank Zappa tracks :)

Coop

Asslessman

Coopdevil":2pbvulj3 said:
I was thinking the other day that once the Queen titles are exhausted we should start a new one with Frank Zappa tracks :)

Coop

Let me give you a big manly kiss on the forehead for this !

I thnk we should even start it now so people can choose their game after their artist. "Shall we roll a mission onthe Queen chart or the Zappa chart?"

PS : oh and you should definitely check our DnD campaign in the remote gaming sectionthen, we're just in the middle of fighting baby snakes :grin: (we even have Frank's Zapper, a lighting throwing ring)

Niibl

No 28 - Football Fight

Welcome to Crossroads, a former Ramilles Star-fort which was abandoned by the Navy after a space hulk crashed into it. Now it is a den of pirates, thieves and gamblers. An explosive melting pot which is only kept from all out civil war by the violent Football games where people can let off steam.
You don’t care for games though. You are bounty hunters who came here to find your quarry and bring him off station. And the clock is ticking as “your” ship is leaving soon.
Now your scanners have lead you to the stadium where a game just has started.
Where is this Ratling assassin? He knows that he is hunted. He has used polymorphine before. CURSES! HE IS THE BLOODY BALL!
Get onto the pitch. Grab the ball and get out before the gangs in the stands have readied their weapons.

Niibl

No 29 - Mad the Swine
Deep in the forest of Suidae prime there lives a mystical creature which the people call Mad the Swine.
Actually it is a huge, gnarled Beastman which shares many features of a boar so “swine” is a little incorrect. But he definitely is “Mad”.
He protects his herds of wild boars from all aggressors, being it local villagers who hunt for meat, ork runtherdz in search of new mounts or mutant hunters of the inquisition. Until now no one has caught him but he caught many in return (and their weapons - pistols, rifles, hvy stubbers, missile launchers etc.).
Maybe you have more luck. He is near invisible and will hide amongst his flock. Use your motion tracker and follow those blips. Hunt this beast or become hunted!

Niibl

No 30 - Bring Back That Leroy Brown
"Bring Back That Leroy Brown" He did not say anything else. He just flashed his Inquisition-Icon-Thingy and...smiled.
And, you know, there are smiles that tell you "or else something bad will happen to you and you don't want to find out what this is".
And you tend to believe people with such smiles and therefore: Here you are, you and your partners in misery.
You tracked down that Leroy Brown you were told to be a member of the Imperial Guard gone AWOL.
Surely thats why the Inquisition wants him, right? Just a plain Guardsman.
So, you tracked that pretty skilled bastard from an army base where he looted the armoury to this rotten Chemdump/Junkyard.
And now this aggressive-abrasive duststorm has set in, limiting the sight to only a few yards and slowly starts eating through your protective clothing.
You are interested to get this done asap or else you will end up as a bleached, sand blasted skeleton.

The game is a cat and mouse play where the hunters try to corner the hunted and bring him down.
The hunted will try to finally wipe out the hunters or wait until the environment takes care of them.

This Sceanrio requires a GM who will have to keep track of the player's actions and deploy the miniatures.
There is at least one player who plays the hunters (6-12) and one player who plays Leroy Brown.
If there are two or more sets of hunters each can receive additional objectives depending on the mood of the GM.

The table should not be larger than 4'x4' is devided into a grid of 4"x4" squares.
Leroy Brown is deployed in the (or one of the) center square(s).
The hunters are deployed as single models or in groups in any of the rim-squares.

Equipment:
Each character has access to a local heavy chem suit which protects him from the environment and from damage.
It it is comparable to a Squat-Exo-armour and provides a 2+ armour save againts everything (sealed suit and rad suit).
Players can decide for other armour for their characters though.

Movement:
Characters will always move one square in any direction and the player of the character tells the GM his direction by writing it down for the GM.

Only players who have characters in the same square are allowed to discuss their movement.
The GM does his bookkeeping-magic and then all characters make an initiative test.
Those who fail are placed by the GM along with all visible terrain (visibility=1 square, terrain that becomes invisible may be removed by the GM).

To make it easier, the GM will only place character miniatures if they are identified by an other character.
Unidentified characters are only represented by a marker (with the who-is-who on the downside).
Characters are identified if they are in the same square and on 4+ if they are in an adjacent square.
Bio-Scanners, energy scanners and other devices may improve the chance, but can also identify critters, hazard zones and other things which might be useful but can also become confusing.

Characters that made their initiative test are placed by the players with the normal miniatures.
If several players play hunters they might have to dice out who will place his characters first.
The Player of Leroy Brown can decide each turn to be placed by the GM as a marker, regardless of his initiative test, after he made the test.

shooting:
Shooting works as normal with all characters beeing in soft cover due to the storm.
Characters shooting at an unidentified character suffer from an additional -1 to hit modifier.

close combat:
Characters can only move into close combat if they are placed in base contact during the movement phase.
As a rule the GM will not do so unless a GM contolled critter attacks.

The Winds:
Every character that rolls a one, either on an initiative test or an armour save will have his armour save worsens by one.
If the armour save gets worse than 6+ all protective equipment is destroyed and such characters are, from now on, affected by choke gas at the end of each turn. Syn-Skin and normal sealed suits or rad suits will be shredded if not protected by armour.

Bad Bad Leroy Brown:
Leroy Brown is a veteran of the Savlar Chem Dogs, a nasty death world regiment.
He strives on this kind of weather and can ignore "The Winds" and allways counts as weaing a rad- and a sealed-suit
(It probably helps that he is a mutant).

He is a human major hero and has access to 65 points of equipment he can spend on:
- 1 basic weapon
- 1 heavy weapon or a 2nd basic weapon
- 2 close comabt weapons
- 5 grenade types (any)

Mutant:
Instead of moving he can do the following things:
- turn from human to humanoid were dog (literally a monster in close combat: +2WS, +2S) or back.
He will loose his heavy weapon during the first transformation.
- turn from human to huge dog (better movement: can move 2 squares) or back.
He will lose his heavy and basic weapons during the transformation and can only attack with teeth (S4)

Veteran:
Instead of moving he can do the following thing:
- plant mines
he can jury rig one square at a time into mine field.
It costs one movement to prepare the minefield and all remaining grenades of that type.

Niibl

The term "thread necromancy" indicates that you think that the thread was dead. You should rather see it as one of those long term projects we all have and from time to time manage to revisit. There still are Queen songs not turned into Scenarios.

Back