WH40k:RT Fast times at Ferograd

Warhammer 40,000 Rogue Trader
I've been working on a scenario for Cheetor and I to Play at BOYL 14. If you read my blog you'll know the general gist of what's been going on. Cheetor suggested the other day that during the weekend other s might want to play the game/ scenario and if Cheetor, Asslessman or myself were free we could GM it for them in true old school stylee. Obviously all the figures and scenery would be in place and providing the Ferrograd board wasn't in use for the Confrontation or Sensei games then it'd be open to anybody just get in touch through this thread and we'll figure out the timings and everything (more than likely we'll have to sort times out on the actual weekend). So in order whet your appetites I though I'd publish the Pirate and Ork briefings here (as well as on my blog) and keep the GM briefing secret :grin:

So here you go

The Pirates

Blovelt's Buccaneering Bastards

Baltazar Blovelt isn’t having a good week. Firstly an Arbites Cruiser caught and impounded his ship leaving him and his crew with no option but to surrender and get carted off to the local Penal Colony. Then the cruiser gets attacked by Orks on the way and he loses his trusted bosun when it’s boarded. In the chaos the only ship the remaining crew could find was a rusty old Arvus! and now it turns out that you can’t even trust the local smugglers!

Being the cautious type Blovelt had deposited his latest takings with a contact in Ferrograd but now the scumbag wants to double his cut or Blovelt gets nothing! Ratbag! You just can’t trust anybody these days!

The loot is hidden in Ferrograd somewhere. All he needs to do is find it!

Baltazar’s Pirates have one mission and that is to get their stash into their shuttle and get the hell out of ‘grad.

The problem is that other people are making life difficult.

Your contact has hidden the 5 crates of loot around Ferrograd but is only going to tell you the whereabouts of 3! He’s decided the other two are his ‘payment’. Can’t a pirate trust anybody these days? You have three choices

1) Take the deal and only get enough loot to buy a 3rd hand semi-scrapped ship.

2) Take the deal but look for the other two crates anyway, but that’ll take time and the authorities will be looking for you.

3) Shoot the double dealing rat and have to look for all the crates as well as having to shoot your way out of town.

The crates need to be dragged to the Arvus in the landing area. A servitor can drag one crate at normal movement or two crates at half rate. Two crewman can drag a crate at normal speed but a single crewman at half rate.

When looking for a crate in a building it takes 1 full turn for a crewman to enter the building and find the crate. The crate is then placed at the front door. All doors are locked and are T4 W1.

Da Ork Freebootaz

Skabsquigs Scallywags

When da lads knocked off dat impeerul ship dey was upset dat dere was no gold. It’s not good when da lads is upset. Dats the kind of sityooashun dat ends wiv a chopper between the shoulder blades.

Lucky dat the funny lookin humie told da lads where to find some goodies. All it took was a good beatin!

Da humie said dat dair was at least 5 crates of loot iding in Ferrograd and dat some pointy eared git knew where it all woz.

All we needz to do is get in, findz it and get back out. If we has a scrap while we’re at it, all the betta!

The ork mission is simple.

Get in, Get the loot, Get out

However, humans have a way of complicating things. First of all, humans don’t often take kindly to Orks strolling up to their front doors and asking to be let in. So to solve this the Orks have to employ Kunnin and Straturgy! And use Grots!

The Orks have found their way into the waste recycling systems in one of the sectors on the outskirts of Ferrograd but need to get the door open from the other side in order to get in. To do this they have sent some grots down into the sewage system in order for them to get into the central sector and open the door. All they have to do is get there without getting seen!

Once the doors are open the boys are free to loot and rampage and to find the pointy eared git who knows where the treasure is. Or to steal it off whoever has it. Whatever comes first.

In order to get out the Freebooters need to get to the landing pad area and use a signalling doo-dad to get the attention of the Ork who is flying the getaway vehicle. It’ll take D3 turns for the flyboy to arrive. If the loot is waiting it’ll take one boy one turn to get a crate on board. Then once they are all onboard it’s time to make their escape!

The Orks must split their forces into two. One section must contain only gretchin or snotlings and start at the entrance to the sewage pipe. They must get to the door of the section where the rest of the freebooters are hiding and pass a leadership test to open the door.

At this point the rest of the Orks can enter Ferrograd and do as they see fit to secure the loot.

The crates need to be dragged to the the landing area. A servitor can drag one crate at normal movement or two crates at half rate. Two crewman can drag a crate at normal speed but a single crewman at half rate.

When looking for a crate in a building it takes 1 full turn for a crewman to enter the building and find the crate. The crate is then placed at the front door. All doors are locked and are T4 W1.

Back