Get to the otherside WFB

Golgfag1

If any bodies interested - these are the simply rules for the game I ran with the Oxfordshire Lads last week, using 500points each.

Get to the other side!
Movement

At each turn the player can make a single, double or triple move (their choice) to get from one f the table to the other. (March moves count as additional moves and thus roll again!)

Are they spotted?

If a players forces made a single move they will be spotted on a score of one on a D6; if the players forces made a double move they will be spotted on a score of 1 or 2 ion a D6 and if they made a triple move they will be spotted on a score of 1, 2 or 3 on a D6.

Modifiers: The players forces are cavalry +1, Forces are large creatures +1, forces cause fear/terror +1, Flyer GM’s choice.

What happens next - if, the player fails to score high enough.

Player rolls 3 D6 – one identifies how many come to investigate (wounds), Roll the number dices indicated to find out how many turn up 1 to 36!); the second indicates where (1 –rear, 2 right flank, 3 left flank and 4 to 6 front); the third tells you what has come to investigate! (1 - Giant, 2 – Chariots, 3 Orcs - H2H, 4 Orcs – Bows, 5 Goblins & 6 Night Goblins (Fanatics!; But basically- insert anything you what here to act as the marauders).

Example – first die score 3, then roll three dice – scores – 9, next die roll scores – 4 appear to units front, next die roll scores 2 – three chariots appear.

Example – first die scores 2, roll two dice scores 10, next dice scores 2 – appears to units right flank, next die roll scores 6 the enemy are 10 Night Goblins with one d3 of fanatics!

GM rolls a D6 to find out what they do – 1 Attack, 2 advance, 3 shoot, 4 Stand still, 5 stand for a turn then walk away and 6 they attack someone else (Nearest, if no one within reach revert to 1)!

Have fun

Paul / Golgfag1

Harry

I have to say this was a lot more fun that it had any right to be with such simple rules.

As GM you do need to have a huge collection to cope with multiple roles ... (Chariots!)

Golgfag1

If you haven't got enough stuff - just roll again until you do have enough stuff of whatever is rolled up, as we did. (Currently, building more chariots!)

Paul / Golgfag1

Harry":2i7immgw said:
I have to say this was a lot more fun that it had any right to be with such simple rules.

As GM you do need to have a huge collection to cope with multiple roles ... (Chariots!)

Back