WFB1 The First Dream of Yimir [120pts]

Warhammer Fantasy Battle 1st Edition
This is a scenario for the 1st Edition of Warhammer Fantasy Battle, using the Forces of Fantasy supplement. The battle takes place between Gnomes (Children of the Stone) and Wood Elves (Children of the Seed). It is the first battle in a campaign entitled The Dream of Yimir.

Background

We are an old people.
We are a new people.
We are the same people,
Stronger then before

[link]

Under the deep soil of Albion's green hills the giant Yimir sleeps and dreams a dark mirror of the world above, which passes fleeting and unseen throughout the giants slumber. Yimir walked the Earth for long ages, before man awoke, before dwarves delved or elves sung. He spoke with trees, with stone, with root and soil, he carved mountains and planted forests. It is these things he knows in his mind and heart, and now he sleeps, it is these things that fill his wandering, people-less dreams.

This is one such dream, the first dream of Yimir,in his ageless sleep, the Folk of the Stones seek to kill an ancient Oak, whose roots threaten to destroy their home. The Folk of the Seed rise up against them to defend their sacred Folktree.

The Children of the Stone

MWSBSSTWIALdIntClWPPV
Rock x66432213177778

Armour Save of 5+

MWSBSSTWIALdIntClWPPV
Flint x123432213177776

Armour save of 5+

Objectives: Capture the Folktree.

The Folk of the Seed

MWSBSSTWIALdIntClWPPV
Acorn x844522161777712

No Armour

Acorns may use a ranged attack:

SR: 0-16"
LR: 16-32"
St: 3

MWSBSSTWIALdIntClWPPV
Chestnut x48452216177776

No Armour

Objectives: Defend the Folktree.

The Battlefield

The battle occurs in the subconscious mind of the sleeping giant Yimir.
The tree may be placed on one side of the table, behind the Folk of the Seed's deployment line.
The Children of the Stone may be deployed on the opposite side.

(This is Turn 1, but gives the general impression)

Special Rules

No psychology.
No reserve movements.
The dreams of giants are oft-times strange and simple affairs full of deep magic and the Earths turning.

Attachments

• stone.jpg
    stone.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 5,927
  • seed.jpg
    seed.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 5,927
  • yimirs_dream.jpg
    yimirs_dream.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 5,927

weazil

Very original, Mr Zhu! Nicely done.

But I'm shooting anyone who posts pictures of acorns in the Showroom and claims its an army.

Dreamfish

Administrator
weazil":wvwjmvm1 said:
Very original, Mr Zhu! Nicely done.

But I'm shooting anyone who posts pictures of acorns in the Showroom and claims its an army.
Do painted acorns count as an army? :grin:

Asslessman

I really like this scenario set in a dream and played with non figurative models with simple rules. One things bothers me though : why do acorns who happen to have a long range attack have a BS inferior to chestnuts and a superior WS (should this be the other way round...)

Anyway, I am tempted to play this one at lunch break if I find willing (or not) company...

Padre

So, you play with stone and seeds, while the others play with painted/based toy soldiers?

I'll meet you half way then ...

WEvsCh6.jpg

Mutantdale

Haha awesome tree man there Padre very lifelike..

Actually these are great all joking aside. Very much the old feel of warhammer.. use what you got and make up the rest ;)

MD

Zhu Bajie

Thanks all.

Those treemen are very nice padre.

Well spotted Asslessman that was a typo, which I've fixed now - cheers! If you do get to play it I'd be interested to know how it turns out (first run through it was a massacre, with only 6 stones left to claim the tree, I'll post a battle report when I get around to it :) )

Base-sizes? I just selected things which were similar sizes to each other, but the flints were a bit on the small size, which did give them some advantage.

Back