Orc & Goblin Skin

WARDUKE

Hi all,

Looking to paint up some Orcs & Goblins, and I would like to try and achieve something close to the look of the Orc skin in this image.
Does anyone have a link to any tutorials or suggestions for painting a similar look?

WD95-Page-07-ROR-Ruglud%27s-Armoured-Orcsx-01.jpg

Thank you!

Fimm McCool

There's a painting guide in the 3rd ed rulebook which features the drastic plastic orcs. Might give you a similar effect? I suspect these are a bright, yellowish green with a green ink wash and some yellow highlights.

ardyer

I know by fourth edition it was dark Angels green, green ink, dark Angels green, goblin green, mix in sunburst yellow until happy.

Tex

Have you already seen this thread:
http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3151 ?

Ruglud's regiment has always been my inspiration for orcish skin

My recipe is:
base: woodland/salamander green/orkhide shade - whichever dark green you can find
highlight: goblin green
highlight and glaze: GW bilious green or Vallejo livery green to save rare bilious
extreme highlight: bilious/livery green+white

BTW, in old white dwarf issues john blanche mentioned the use of yellow ink as a final glaze

Mophus

Here are a few examples of my latest Greenskin variants. The shadows could be darker and the overall tone could be more yellowish, but if you're interested I can provide you with the receipt:

Badaab

Great resources for that sort of result have been mentioned above, but I'd also recommend the 'Eavy Metal Painting Guides series by Mike McVey. They all feature step by step guides, and you can always tweak it to fit your needs.

Back