Static Grass Applicator

Fimm McCool

I have a home made one built from an electric fly swat and a tea strainer... there's a tutorial somewhere on youtube.
It works ok, but I haven't done much terrain work which has required mass application of static grass and it's not worth the hassle for base tufts so it hasn't had extensive use.

ardyer

Back in the old days of CRT monitors, I used to set my models I top of that and power off to shoot static electricity through everything. I've found since, though, that I prefer the look of static grass not being all stand up.

Bane

I've used the static electricity produced by rubbing a balloon on my t-shirt and then holding said balloon just above the pva'd static grass - worked fine!

My brother bought an el cheapo one off ebay and besides giving himself a good jolt on first use he has flocked some hills very nicely with it.

Pinch the grass a little at a time in your fingers and apply it that way. All the grass sticks up. DOnt sprinkle it. Never had an issue. Also, it looks better if you stick on flock underneath the static grass so it looks like you have longer grass stems sticking up out of shorter grass.

i often wondered why static grass was called static grass. i've always just sprinkled it on. now i will try one of these methods.

Back