Companies that make fantasy components compatible with GW

Dashworth

Does anyone know of any modelling companies out there (substantial companies already in production and not kick starter stage) that make either full multi part kits or components suitable for modifying Warhammer fantasy Empire troops?
Im currently building an Empire Mordheim gang and I wouldnt mind a few additional peices to make them a little bit special but I cannot find anything anywhere for multipart or components that would suit the GrimDark setting that GW did so well at with mordheim.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated as im really struggling to find (or be recommended) anything that isnt a single peice model from a historical wargaming site or similar.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Dashworth

Re: Companies that make fantasy components compatible with G

Im ideally looking for some aftermarket torsos.

The current (soon to be webstore only and then discontinued completely) range of GW empire models are probably closer to 30mm thana anywhere near 28mm of frostgrave.

I thought maybe someone might do aftermarket breast plates but apparenlty not. :(

Yeah, sadly Frostgrave are a bit too small to work well with GW models, especially when trying to kitbash them together. Same goes with the Perry plastics.

Fortunately I've got large stocks to fall back on, but I'd be interested in knowing of any other suppliers for the future.

Torsos are tricky as few companies seem to make fantasy ones. Most people, in my experience, kitbash using other GW kits e.g. greatswords.

What flavour of Empire Mordheim gang do you want to build?

Dashworth

I'm building a marienburg gang.

They won't be anything to speak as I can't be bothered with trying to sculpt mermaids or fish on Sheilds on breastplates. I just thought some aftermarket torsos would look nice.

I've found a Sprue of 'tepestus scions' from my bits box that has 5 nice armoured cuirasses on it which I may try to use. Also looking at trying to do something with the commanders jacket as a huge greatcoat over some posh looking uniform might look quite nice. I'm sure my champion will appreciate it!

Padre

dieselmonkey":2y2v1c0g said:
Yeah, sadly Frostgrave are a bit too small to work well with GW models, especially when trying to kitbash them together. Same goes with the Perry plastics. .

True. but Perry and Frostgrave go together quite well. I've been messing about with a mix up up Frostgrave cultists and Perry Men at Arms for my Tilean Morrite fanatics...

CultistsMixUp_zpsbp7ytgbk.jpg

I tried some GW heads but they were definitely way too big, but these limbs/heads/bodies fit together nicely.

While building them I realised I could use some archer arms to create a figure walking/standing whilst holding the hilt of his sheathed sword - a naturalistic pose better for photos rather than everyone waving weapons madly around. So I tried it on a straight Perry figure too ...

SwordsmenSwaggering_zpsuqopjwvc.jpg

Unsurprisingly, GW bits, even goblin and human, go together with other GW bits well.
NewGobPirates2.jpg

Dashworth":1iscvzis said:
As you're looking to make your warband a little special, can I suggest checking out Black Chapel's Altreich range? Many are multipart (with spare parts) and should pass muster as Marienburgers with the right paint job.

Another figure that I love is Victoria Miniatures' Imperial Noble which comes with a pistol-packing monkey.

Dashworth

Citizen Sade":2x4ygie7 said:
Dashworth":2x4ygie7 said:
As you're looking to make your warband a little special, can I suggest checking out Black Chapel's Altreich range? Many are multipart (with spare parts) and should pass muster as Marienburgers with the right paint job.

Another figure that I love is Victoria Miniatures' Imperial Noble which comes with a pistol-packing monkey.

Thanks for the suggestion of black chapel minis, I think I may have seem them briefly but dismissed them as I believed the were single casts. Having visited the website and seeing the multiple parts of the champion and the engineer, I may be tempted by both.
I've won a few boxes of stuff on eBay since beginning my search so I'm going to see what is in each box and see how I get one with kit bashing.
I've had a fantastic idea for one of my champions using the cuirasses from the scion box and if it works I'll be keen to share the model with everyone!
Will post updates at some point in the WIP section when I begin building them!

Back