Please help me identify these old Armorcast/Epicast models!

Angie

I recently picked up a large lot of 2nd hand miniatures. Included with the lot were the remains of the sellers Armorcast/Epicast resin collection. I don't know if it's all from those companies, but it's in the same style. I've manged to identify a few of the parts, but I'm unsure about most of it. If you could help me out with placing these items I'd be really thankful! I'm not quite sure if these are worth anything or even selling well, or if I want to keep them and use them for some of my own projects. I mostly would like to know some background, where these are from and what these are :)

Image 1: Epicast Death Blades
The only thing I can find about these is an old forum thread where they're offered for sale.
VVZizAOl.png

Image 2: Miscellaneous Large Vehicles
Solved! Vehicles/mini's from Tobsen77
xOExPf4l.png

Image 3: Miscellaneous Small Vehicles
Solved! Vehicles/mini's from Tobsen77
fImyQxzl.png

Image 4: Gobsmasha Guns + Vindicator Upgrades
Solved!
kyFDxUnl.png

Image 5: Large weapons
These look like the weapons of the Armorcast Eldar Knight Titan
M3nNcq8l.png

Image 6: Tzeentch
I found one or two auctions on Ebay that call this a Silver Tower of Tzeentch. They certainly look like a large-size of the old epic model, but I cannot find anything about it being released. Looking at the ebay auctions, it seems incomplete.
1z7vx5Dl.png

Image 7: Bright Stallion
This looks like the unreleased Armorcast Eldar Bright Stallion. The parts are in 2 different kinds of resin, white and orange. Unfortunately this one's missing it's weapon arms. Also came with a huge amount of small spirit gems.
fte71fBl.png

Image 8: Icons
The chaos icons to the left are -really- thin and translucent. The small Admech icons are a bit rough around the edges too.
Xk3shRYl.png

Image 9: Skulls
Assortment of various skulls. Looks like the unreleased Titan Chaos Spikes + Symbols.
YmhGllUl.png

Image 10: Spikes
Assortment of various spikes. Looks like the unreleased Titan Chaos Spikes + Symbols.
m5nKncCl.png

Image 11: Walls
sLLlJUhl.png

Image 12: Walls
TIDIuukl.png

Image 13: Walls
52EsVjal.png

Image 14: Roofs
VXnAlj2l.png

Image 15: Windows
These came with the transparent inlays to put behind them. They say 'Armorcast'.
JyNFgegl.png

ardyer

Re: Please help me identify these old Armorcast/Epicast mode

The right two guns in image 4 are vindicator upgrade from armorcast.

Galadrin

Image 2 looks kind of like an Imperial Guard recon vehicle that had rules in Fanatic magazine... I can't remember the name if it off hand, but I might have the issue of fanatic with the rules.

Edit: It was called the Centaur, and it's close, but not a perfect match. Might just be the Epicast version of it (the Fanatic version was scratch built).

ardyer":1fmx2k5p said:
The right two guns in image 4 are vindicator upgrade from armorcast.

that was the only one i knew!

what a find!

Angie

Thank you! That's two more off the list. It may be possible that the vehicles are homemade/homecast based on that old Centaur, I'm not sure. Does anyone know of another forum I could ask for help? I've posted this on DakkaDakka, LeadAdventure and here so far.

oh, i just remembered something about the Flying Towers Of Tzeentch that I might have read on here....

there isn't a tower! you're supposed to use a cardboard tube instead....

Angie

Thanks! I finally found something about the Tower of Tzeentch here. Looks like I have most parts from the custom cast (still curious who made it :razz:) except for the base. Indeed though, you gotta use PVC or cardboard for the towers, it's just the accessories!

timdp

Hi Angie,

Here are some responses to your info requests.

Image 4: Epicast parts. Armorcast never made these pieces. I (Tim DuPertuis) made a pre-Armocast Vindicator gun, but that's not it.

Image 5: Very badly done recasts of the Armorcast Towering Destroyer Knight weapons and a Phantom weapon sponson (mount).

Image 7: Not an Armorcast piece. Was made by a guy local to us (SF Bay area).

Images 9 and 10: Armorcast unreleased Titan Chaos Spikes + Skulls.

Image 11: Armorcast Gothic Cathedral roofs.

Image 12: Top piece is a broken off piece of the Armorcast Gothic Cathedral

Image 13: Armocast Ruined Gothic Walls

Image 14: Dormers for Armorcast Gothic Cathedral roofs.

Image 15: Rose window backs and clear window inserts for the Armorcast Gothic Cathedral.

Hope this helps.

Tim DuPertuis
Armorcast owner 1995 -2007.

Angie

Wow, thank you very much Tim! Your answers definitely help :)

#5 definitely has a different resin compared to almost all of the other stuff. Time to put them in the scrap box. It's really interesting to know that the Eldar Bright Stallion wasn't cast by Armorcast but someone local, and pretty cool how it ended up in the Netherlands in the end. Then again, the lot also contained a cast of an Eldar Bonesinger done by Volomir.

Back