citadel plastic shields

OuteRimTim

I'm looking for old citadel plastic shields (aren't we all?). I really like some of the Advanced Heroquest embossed ones and the old plastic Bretionian Knight of the realm ones It seems that the originals are is short supply-and consequently very pricey on eBay.

I'm wondering if there are any companies out there the sell copies of these shields, or similar ones? Or has anybody had success in casting their own?

Thanks

I don't think anyone selling copies would stay in business very long!

Having said that, I've had some success using Siligum to pressmould copies of AHQ shields for personal use. Not great, but passable in units.

OuteRimTim

I just read a thread about copyright law as applied to miniatures. Seems That it is not possible to sell copies, even if they are no longer produced by the manufacturer. So no luck there.
Seems that doing it my self might be legal and might not be.

I'm familiar with press molding, but not with the product siligum. What is it?

OuteRimTim":rlac184w said:
I'm familiar with press molding, but not with the product siligum. What is it?

It's a 2-part silicon moulding material, it works very well for this sort of thing. They sell it on eBay and other craft store places.

Badaab

Making copies for personal use shouldn't present a problem- its when you venture into the realm of commercial enterprise from said copies that the original manufacturer can get a little irate.
Many of us are in the same boat when it comes to shields- I've stopped buying metal Skaven until I can scrounge up enough correct shields for the ones I already have in my collection! I may end up just using shields from the WHFB Skaven era for my older models, as they're easier to come by (the same small, blank round shields that were used by Goblins and Dwarfs of that period)- and maybe I can use some of my transfers I bought way back in 1995!

Back