War Party!! (The Outlanders) 17/04

Mason

I am embarking on a new range of sci-fi figures that I intend to use in games of Inquisimunda, Necromunda and skirmish RT as well as in a setting of my own that I will be developing.
The range will be based on a frontier world called Outland,on the edge of human space, that has lost contact with Earth several centuries ago, not long after the initial colonisation.
Most of the original colonists spread out, forming farming communities and banding together in hunter-gatherer bands, with very few remaining in the few towns spread across the planet.
The original landing site is the location of the only settlement that may be termed a 'city' and a very small one it that.
Named Landfall, it houses the only spaceport worthy of the name and is also the seat of the Imperial Governor and his garrison.

The first figures in the range will be centred around the settlers which form the majority of the population, representing either a hunter gatherer war party, or the militia of one of the smaller settlements scattered across the face of the world. These people refer to themselves collectively as 'Outlanders'.

The Outlanders.

b49aad76-7f25-4ce3-9be8-1274c83e737b_zpsogxpiekc.jpg

3a689761-1630-44ba-b7af-60dc6325b870_zpszmdrvnld.jpg

0ffc19b2-6159-4198-aada-40720b9e3abf_zpsyxa4pgzn.jpg

dcc048d9-72a6-4106-8cd1-75906bb49510_zps4qc3kfow.jpg

Mason

Re: The Outlanders

I got the casting back yesterday and made a bit of progress with them today.

The WIP piccies of the castings....

IMG_1275_zps2x8ne4va.jpg

IMG_1271_zpssqmrarbp.jpg

IMG_1266_zpspr8cah9l.jpg

IMG_1263_zpsyq78yv6l.jpg

IMG_1259_zpsywdr061q.jpg

IMG_1254_zpsezprzgre.jpg

Plenty still to do, but I am going to have another go tomorrow....

Mason

LilBroGrendel":51p9pz66 said:
Nice models. The sculpts connect very well to the background story.

Thank you!
I was beginning to think that no-one was interested in this at all, so am doubly grateful for your comment.
:grin:

There are quite a few more things planned with this project but I will reveal things as progression allows.
I really need to get some paint on these fellas first.

Mason

Thanks.
:)

I am hoping to get a few of them finished this week as progress has stalled due to illness but I really want to get some of the painting done now.
I will probably finish the Merchant and Porters first, with various different 'loads' for the Porters to make after that.

Mason

I have finally gotten around to (rather sloppily) slapping some paint on some of the figures, beginning with the Merchant and his Porters...

18891132-3f04-4f06-b832-e46551f2192e_zpsjgrrvsqz.jpg

Now I just need to make some 'loads' for them to carry.

Hopefully the next lot, as I want quite a few of them for my games, will look better....

Mason

Well, I took a delve into my 'clutter bits box' and put some loads together.

Firstly, a 'sensible' load.....

60db52d7-7b4a-4c05-a4cb-2a3bbc521336_zpsc85swg3g.jpg

...which I will use on one of the later figures, but it does not seem right for sci-fi to me so I made a few 'not so sensible' versions.....

c04fa74b-a577-4887-8f6b-97bb5999a0e8_zpswtxjcjnt.jpg

214aee5a-e838-403e-ad49-28a1a917d9a7_zpshdktsbft.jpg

...which seem more appropriate to me.

Now I just need to slap some paint on them.

Hi-Ho!

5c34bdcf-0c1c-4d69-b59e-870ee901bbfd_zpsm1sqbbqk.jpg

Asslessman

Re: Loaded! (The Outlanders) 23/02

Really like the vibe of this and will pick some to populate my remote colonies !

Mason

Asslessman":9h4cnqgz said:
Really like the vibe of this and will pick some to populate my remote colonies !
I, for one, would love to see your take on these.

Mason

Next up, The Marshall and his Cyber-Hounds.....

4e8f25e7-cfb8-46c7-9871-8fb0a4d10223_zpsn4jkats2.jpg

641982c3-729b-4ebf-89b8-2e658619d990_zpsindts2wk.jpg

af0640c4-d01f-460e-af34-b4776d71ae58_zps3nci20dc.jpg

5559c1d0-bf94-4733-b0ec-fb773e9e7a64_zpsh3kbapku.jpg

This fella is going to double up as Inquisitor Snoop and his Doggs in our I-Munda campaign.

Subedai

Re: The Marshall and his Hounds (The Outlanders) 24/02

Nice work, I'm particularly fond of the cyber-hounds.

Asslessman

Loving those 3 ! I agree the cyberhounds are particularly appealing but the Inquisitor is also a model full of potential uses.

Mason

Thanks, chaps.
Much appreciated.
:)

Asslessman":xqy3ynwc said:
Loving those 3 ! I agree the cyberhounds are particularly appealing but the Inquisitor is also a model full of potential uses.
I agree with you , sir, as this particular version is intended for use as both an Inquisitor in our I-Munda games and a Marshall for my Outland setting, but the next one that I paint up will be the leader of a Scavvy gang for Necromunda.
He is deliberately quite generic (as all of them will be... ;) ).

Mason

Re: Big Loads (The Outlanders) 10/03

I finished off the 'loads' for the first two of the Porters...

5e480fb8-5283-4f56-8f89-a9d3a1c15ced_zpsqsa8mkfc.jpg

Another angle...

8b0bd81f-7357-41c5-bdc0-3a2dff84dcab_zpsbf6qnysw.jpg

The next couple will have smaller loads, but I need to finish off some of the Outlander figures first.

Mason

Female Nomads (The Outlanders) 11/03

I have started to paint some of the Outland Warriors, beginning with a couple of the female members of the band.

As someone else will be painting a group up in the 'official' buckskin colours I have opted to paint some differently in more garish gear to represent a different type of band.
These will represent a nomad band in the Outlanders setting, which will double up as a Scavenger/Ash Waste gang in our Necromunda games...

62f4d965-81df-4aed-b519-874311ffedc1_zpsewbtbxo4.jpg

Outfitted in much brighter clothing than some of the other groups on Outland, the Nomad culture favours brighter clothing which has often seen better days once exposed to the elements for a while.

Asslessman

Re: Female Nomads (The Outlanders) 11/03

Great ! I have some of those ready for priming as soon as I get an opportunity with the weather !
I love the pale skintones and colours for the clothes.

Those female nomads are really nice and I like the colors you have chosen instead of "skin" browns. I also think they could fit in a Russian-like context - for example as alternative Imperial Guard Valhallan Ice Warriors.

Mason

Asslessman":2hjx70r7 said:
Great ! I have some of those ready for priming as soon as I get an opportunity with the weather !
I love the pale skintones and colours for the clothes.
I look forward to it.
Even if it does mean that I have to make some form of sacrifice to the weather gods.
;)

LilBroGrendel":2hjx70r7 said:
Those female nomads are really nice and I like the colors you have chosen instead of "skin" browns. I also think they could fit in a Russian-like context - for example as alternative Imperial Guard Valhallan Ice Warriors.
Valhallans!
I had not even thought of that angle.
Cheers!

Back