Basing Pre-Slotta Figures?

Hi Guys,

Just some quick advice needed.

I've a mix of Citadel pre-slotta and slotta figures and I wanted to include some of them in the same units (in particular my undead).

My only worry is the possibility of the pre-slotta ones placed on slotta bases looking too 'tall' due to the lead lozenge base.

I didn't fancy hacking them off due to possibly wrecking the models.

How do other folks approach this?

Thanks in advance.

urion

I model the bases in such a way that the pre slotta part looks like they are standing on a rock or grassy mound.

Chico

I normaly don't worry about the height as it tends not to be noticable as either the pre-slottas are a tad smaller or evertyone is in mixed poses.

But having said that, you could use sunken bases:

20MMARMALION.JPG

ardyer

What Chico said. The pre-slotta's are generally smaller overall anyway so the extra height isn't noticeable.

I like the plastic indented bases by Freebooter. I got a big bag of them from Hasslefree. They have a narrow rim around the edge which is handy since some integral bases can be quite large.

Attachments

• resize.aspx.jpeg
    resize.aspx.jpeg
    3.1 KB · Views: 3,417
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

I had no idea sunken bases existed like that, so I'm definitely going to check those Hasslefree ones out.

Although I can also see from the photographs that due to the pre-slotta figures being smaller, they'll sometimes look ok when placed on bases perhaps.

Again, really helpful folks.

Naagruz

If you use terrain with interesting bits (flowers, log, skulls, etc..), similar to Ardyer's pics above, you can camouflage differences in the size between models.
In the case of "monster" troops, like undead, variation in height can really add to the overall appearance. It's not like you are trying to recreate the uniformity of a Napoleonic unit. :grin:

i put them on regular bases at the moment and that's it. seems to work well enough. i think it depends on your skill level! mine is a bit basic so it doesn't jar to look at.

Back