NEW Mk 1 Terminator GREEN!

Last year I sculpted a version of the Mark 1 Terminator, because I felt that Jes Goodwin's old abandoned concept art on the figure was never sculpted well enough. Just one throw away figure that really didn't quite look like it.

Originally I thought I could just pour myself resin parts, and assemble my own squads. It worked, but it had problems. Putting together my squads was a bit of a fiddly hassle, with tiny bubble patching on the little parts. This is mostly due to the fact that i still have not put out for a vacuum chamber yet. :razz:

THIS month, I've found the time and means to resculpt him as just one single piece, and cast him for myself in METAL. I'm gonna LOVE holding this bad boy in my hand! He should weigh almost an ounce and 1/2! :grin:

I'll certainly post pics of my private castings all based and ready when they are made, BUT if anyone wants to know MORE about these things while I'm doing it, just PM me. ;)

Attachments

• mark1.jpg
    mark1.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 4,361
  • mark1termiesquad.JPG
    mark1termiesquad.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 4,361
  • terminator sculpt.jpg
    terminator sculpt.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 4,361
Drew Williams":2zhy453k said:
Last year I sculpted a version of the Mark 1 Terminator, because I felt that Jes Goodwin's old abandoned concept art on the figure was never sculpted well enough. Just one throw away figure that really didn't quite look like it.

Originally I thought I could just pour myself resin parts, and assemble my own squads. It worked, but it had problems. Putting together my squads was a bit of a fiddly hassle, with tiny bubble patching on the little parts. This is mostly due to the fact that i still have not put out for a vacuum chamber yet. :razz:

THIS month, I've found the time and means to resculpt him as just one single piece, and cast him for myself in METAL. I'm gonna LOVE holding this bad boy in my hand! He should weigh almost an ounce and 1/2! :grin:

I'll certainly post pics of my private castings all based and ready when they are made, BUT if anyone wants to know MORE about these things while I'm doing it, just PM me. ;)
Oh God, you're the guy that made the scratchbuilt Land Raider Hellfire! I adore your work. Do you have any painted ones? Also, any chances for wallpapers with photos of these models?

You seem to have similar tastes as I. I also was very fond of that Terminator and Land Raider design. It's a shame they weren't made for mass production. Do you have any plans of sculpting Naismith-Rees marines?

Golgfag1

Hi Drew,

You certainly have a talent for making the sketches & drawings from various publication into something special for the tabletop.

Very nicely done sir. :grin: 8-) :grin:

Paul Golgfag1

Damn, I just realised that stumbling upon these and Landraider Hellfire on Dakka was why I got back into Oldhammer after years of pause.

Back