Mounted lich lord

Hey all!

I am rare guest here but since I started something Oldhammer-related...

Some time ago I got hooked by old Warhammer again and thought it'd be great to see a battleforce I've always had in mind:
shambling hordes of rotting deaders led by arch-evil lich.
Beautiful dream, never to happen BUT I decided to give it a chance.

I managed to find candidate for the commander of my undead and recent'y that's what I've been working on recently.
Hope when the job is done I will manage to provide a decent quality pic but for now - wip.

Hope to update the thread shortly :)

P1090231_zpsan0jjc6c.jpg

It's growing!
It's total pain in the a$$ to assemble so think twice when choosing between this lich and oldie Arkhan the Black...

P1090235_zpsrl8xioc2.jpg

Sure.

First of all (minor problem) - the gaps. Large gaps.
No idea what is the cause of it (metal casting process itself or the way original sculpt was cut for casting purposes) but you need lots of putty to fill them all.

Another thing - some vital parts (horse's legs, skeleton arms) are very thin. That's really nice looking but these parts are impossible to pin - any attempt of drilling would break them. That means model cannot be assembled very solid and tht makes any transport risky.
Not mentioning gaming.

Another thing: pony is attatched to the cart by 2 poles (whatever it's proper name is). These elements are metal (yaaay!) but don't fit:
to make these fit the model I'll have to bend them - atm horse's arse is interrupting.

Model is pretty hard to manipulate but that's the other thing.
But on the other the manufacturer wrote clearly it's the kit for advenced hobbyists so yeah, I have been warned :)

Last night some more paint and greenstuff were applied. Really cannot wait to see it done.

Progress!!! :grin:

I am glad the project is moving forward but really cannot wait to get it done and paint some rank-and-file deaders.

P1090241_zpsbpgq1oub.jpg

King Arthur

This is great! As an avid Undead collector I really like the horse, the rotting tones are splendid as are the greenish/grey tones you have used on the pile of skulls in the cart, a very refreshing paint job, well done!

Cheers

Gary

Thanks a lot :)

I am now trying to finish the banners - the very last elements to be painted.
Really cannot wait to paint some ordinady deaders, this model is just life force drinker!

Thanks a lot!

The next Undead big'un is Dieter Helsnicht, but I will give myself some time for regenerating life force sucked bu greedy lich ;)

King Arthur

It looks great! Any chance of a close up shot of the details, it looks some good, but so far away :grin:

What colour palette did you use to paint the pile of skulls?

Cheers

Gary

Sure, as soon as I bring back the camera :)

As for the bone-cargo was supposed to look old, dirty and natural so I started with Reaper's Aged bone, Bone shadow + VGC Charred brown, Highlights were Reaper's Aged bone and Polished bone.After that glazes: VGC Smoke, Charred brown and some chalks and again: highlights and glazes (bit moredelicate this time).
When it dried and I had some spare olive or brown from painting diffrent section I used it for glazing and shading - that doesn't seem to be much but imo makes whole model more coherent.

Hope that helps :)

Niibl

I really like it. Well done, despite the difficulties.
Does the necromancer have a "paintable" face or is it covered by the hat?
It is hard to tell from this perspective.

Back