Need Help Picking a Chapter for my Terminators

Blue in VT

Hello all,

I recently game into a copy of 1st ed Space Hulk as well as the Deathwing expansion....And I'm looking to get some games in as soon as I have the figures painted. In a second lucky trade I grabbed 18 painted Genestealers...so I'm feeling pretty good on that front...but I'm having a hard time picking a chapter for my Marines. I'd like something fairly brightly colored so they "pop" on the table....that rules out Space Wolves...I also want to avoid the Cliche Blood Angles...but I can't decide on another option... :? So I'm looking for suggestions...doesn't even have to be an established chapter...just a good color combo would be appreciated.

What say you? How would you paint a set of Termies if you had to do it from scratch?

Regards,

Blue

Matt in PA

Re: Need Help Pciking a Chapter for my Terminators

You could do them as Blood Drinkers, they were around back then and used red paint like the Blood Angels, but maybe aren't as cliche? Per the Rogue Trader rulebook color plate they were red with yellow accents.

Multicoloured with yellow dots, like the marine by Paul Benson on pg 94 of Book of the Astronomican.

;)

Protist

How about the Zebra Chapter lead by Edward Quine with their... blue and yellow stripes? They were, er, reaally famous for escaping from a lurking band of heretic, red, um, Crocodile marines (lead by Alligatorix the Scaly) at Watering, a black hole near the Savannah systems... does that help?

One of the Badab camo schemes would be good, or if you don't want to do a camo scheme the Lamenters look really great and it's nice and bright

Suber

Howling Griffons!

url

Camo Salamanders!

url

The old Minotaur livery is way too much for me, but Red Scorpions or several other options will fit in perfectly :razz:

Rainbow Warriors? They were one of he featured chapters in RT rulebook iirc, I think they were silver with a rainbow pattern helmet but my book is in long term storage at the minute so I could not check sorry.

Keep it simple. I might one day paint mine as Imperial Fists (more ochre than yellow). Got metal termies sitting around too and I could see them as Ultramarines. You could try Deathwing colours. They'd stand out nicely.

Ace Jagger

I second the Rainbow Warriors - I don't think I've ever seen them in Space Hulk before!

Failing that, how about the Mantis Legion?

I think you should create your own.

If you want to avoid the cliche or popular chapters, you just find yourself being funnelled into another cliche. All over the internet you can find people doing Blood Drinker armies, Rainbow Warriors, Lamentors, Scythes, etc etc.

The only Rogue Trader army I can't remember having seen many times is Flesh Eaters. But I bet people on here have seen them!

The next best thing would be to pick a cliche chapter but do them in campaign camo - someone earlier suggested the Salamanders in Badab war camo for example.

or Crimson Fists. Do Crimson Fists.

Howling Griffins every time. Best colour scheme....

...but I would probably go with a variationon the rainbow warriors. They are basically blue, with the rainbow helmet. I guess on the terminators you could do the rainbow across the top part of the "shoulders" bit on the marines, so would be nice and bright.

You have 2 sqauds right? Plus captain/librarian? Having the rainbow at your disposal means you can identify the squads with colour markings, or even have different trimming/pads for each member of the squad. You can also go crazy with the character models, and so some really vibrant schemes.

I would avoid camo schemes though. THey look great BUT will eb a bit silly inside a space vessel!

Blue in VT":1mvc1z6q said:
Hello all,

I recently game into a copy of 1st ed Space Hulk as well as the Deathwing expansion....And I'm looking to get some games in as soon as I have the figures painted. In a second lucky trade I grabbed 18 painted Genestealers...so I'm feeling pretty good on that front...but I'm having a hard time picking a chapter for my Marines. I'd like something fairly brightly colored so they "pop" on the table....that rules out Space Wolves...I also want to avoid the Cliche Blood Angles...but I can't decide on another option... :? So I'm looking for suggestions...doesn't even have to be an established chapter...just a good color combo would be appreciated.

What say you? How would you paint a set of Termies if you had to do it from scratch?

Regards,

Blue

Why not go with the Dark Angels but with an American Indian scheme since if you read the original fluff about the Dark Angels they (the terminator Deathwing squad) cleansed their home world where they were recruiting from which had an Indian fluff and background. Thus their armor is white for their deed of valor.

By the way I have two sets of the 1st ed Space Hulk and if you need some more gene stealers let me know, I trade can be done.

Scalene

Rainbow warriors are dark blue. They look great, I once painted one as a test, but I don't know how well it would work on terminators. The characteristic rainbow stripe sits well on the mk6 beak, but on a terminator that area is shorter and broken up by a raised plate.

warcanvas

Im currently working on a Rainbow Warrior RT army, and was worried about the termi helmets too, but think it should be ok, jut make sure your brushes have a good point lol

2183b632241d22aa6d0b9f697c7cab88.jpg

Subedai

They look fantastic, the sharp highlights really make the armour shine, works great with the rainbow pattern. Great detailing on the flamer too.

Back