NEW Oldhammer Sculptures

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the opening to a topic that might soon explode.

As the Oldhammer Group on Facebook is primarily about community and sharing of pictures, it is not the best place to post the limited run sale of original sculptures. Even when those designs are exactly what the Oldhammer Community is craving.

Here I will begin posting the items which I have sculpted by hand, based on Citadel and GW products from the 1980's. When announcing an offer to sell a limited number of Imperial Battle Robots on Facebook, the subsequent PM's that I received in the following 24 hours overwhelmed my ability to utilize the Facebook interface. Hopefully, our Oldhammer Forum tools will make things like that much easier.

Tonight I am scheduled to sculpt and then to spend family time. But in the near future, I will begin re-posting my topics from the Facebook group to this forum, and start sharing my own personal passion as an Oldhammer Hobbyist.... Sculpting Oldhammer Models! :)

AsgardUK

Nice one Drew, looking forward to seeing what else you are going to let us get our grubby mits on

Cheers

Dan

cheetor

I'm sure FB is good for something, to someone somewhere, but I suspect that this is a far better format for what you are doing.

It will be fun to keep up with what you are working on.

Grrrrrr.... FIRST time wasting stumble... Perhaps I should have established this thread in the "Private Sale/Trade" category. *facepalm*

The second stumble.... Where do we host our images in this forum? I'm spoiled by others that feature personal gallery tools for members. I don't see that here. Just "Upload Attachment".

Please bear with me as I squander valuable sculpting time getting myself accustomed to this forum.

I think I will conclude the limited and exclusive Imperial Battle Robot casting thread here. But move over to "Private Sale/Trade" in the near future. Unless wiser people here inform me that would be a mistake.

Anyway, to the task at hand. Most members here are associated with the Oldhammer Community Facebook Group, and as such, should have my messages in their FB Inbox confirming that they are indeed on the shipping address printout. As I gather special requests for bundled shipping to save on costs, I will simply scribble those notes in red pen over the printout. Pretty high tech stuff.

There ARE 26 enthusiastic applicants, people we know well, who failed to supply me with their addresses. As my chosen casting service is taking it's time getting back to me, I'm tempted to give those 26 friends one more opportunity to fix the mix up and give me their address ASAP.

Fairly soon I will be messaging people for their cost to pay me via Paypal. Most seem acquainted with the Paypal service and many had requested invoices. But if I do Paypal invoicing, it would have to be consistent with all parties. Another entry for each buyer to supply; their email. It is possible for buyers to use Paypal with only knowing MY address however. What are the general opinions on this point?

NEXT STEP: Everyone here should get busy discussing between themselves who might bundle their shipments. And don't forget that I'm eager to hand carry some to those I might meet at Oldhammer Weekend this summer. I will be billing everyone very soon, AND WITH A PAYMENT DEADLINE. So if you don't want me charging you a shipping fee this weekend, get cracking! ;)

Attachments

• 11066786_10152672497677063_3855502720474451236_n.jpg
    11066786_10152672497677063_3855502720474451236_n.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,326

Blue in VT

Drew,

I'm happy to move things around if you prefer.

As far as photos you have two fairly straight forward options:
1. Host them on a third party website...I use Photobucket
2. Upload them directly to the message/forum by using the "upload Attachment" tab below the text field of your message. This will limit the size of picture you can upload but saves the hassle of dealing with sites like Photobucket.

Once you've done it a couple of times will become easier.

Regards,

Blue

Blue in VT":dinpytbm said:
Drew,

2. Upload them directly to the message/forum by using the "upload Attachment" tab below the text field of your message. This will limit the size of picture you can upload but saves the hassle of dealing with sites like Photobucket.

Regards,

Blue

Please save me time and remind me how to attach images in a way that they are not in scroll boxes.

Suber

Wooooow!! :shock: I don't FB, so I didn't know of your work! That's terrific! I assume you are casting that robot (and/or other stuff)? Please keep posting, I'm totally amazed!

Blue in VT

Drew Williams":dcusq182 said:
Blue in VT":dcusq182 said:
Drew,

Regards,

Blue

Please save me time and remind me how to attach images in a way that they are not in scroll boxes.

I think that is a set "style" of the image attachment feature....I'm not sure it can be avoided. If you use the third party method the images will appear full size and not in scroll boxes.

Cheers,

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back