Do you ALWAYS strip?

Naagruz

I strip about 98% of the time & always rebase, but I have had some exceptions where the painting was structured right enough to be augmented. It's actually a fun challenge to enhance someone else's work to a standard that meets your needs.
I have a C20 troll in my queue right now where the original painter nailed some nuanced details and left a good base paint job that I plan to layer over.

timdp

99% strip, but these guys were a bit too nice to strip, so now I'm going to have to try to match them for the rest of the unpainted gang. Will take a closer look at some of the red shading at some point and may add some additional base material, but basically they are ready to play.

Berkut666

Mainly Strip but I bought a couple of Scout Titans for Epic that were so well painted I have since made the rest of my Titans have a similar scheme!

Depends of the thickness of the old coat. If the old paintjob is thin and does not obscure the details I simply paint over it. Otherwise I strip my models.

I always strip, but not always picky about it if I don't get everything off. As long as the details are visible enough for a new prime. I don't know what some of the paints people have used over the years are, but even an acetone bath and brush scrub just wont get off some things.

Fuxxx

I never stripped anything I bought. Not my old badly painted minis, nothing. There are some things where I intend to do it, but painting the unpainted stuff has top priority and so I keep every bit of colour on my horde I can. Sometimes, when the paint was thin and I really wanted to paint something myself I just overcoated it with chaos black :mrgreen:

The models face and skin tones are great, but the white is nothing to write home about. Why not jst re paint the white and leave the good bits?

Back