Fat Orks?

Howdy all,

I'm looking to play "The Wolf Time" campaign from The book of the Astronomican later in year. I've got a lot to prepare, but I'm a little stuck on one of the main characters. I won't spoil it for anybody who's yet to play it or who wants to in the future, but suffice it to say that I'm looking for the fattest space ork mini there is. It doesn't have be GW, can be any manufacturer for all I care, he just has to have been gifted with "love handles aplenty" :grin:

Cheers

Suber

I didn't find a mini for Kulo, so I used a regular Ork, but in fact I was tempted to make some conversion work on an Ogre, he had a proper belly. If you find a suitable mini, please share, I'd love to see what you get :)

Good idea Suber, I'd never thought of using an ogre for a base model. GW never made a mini for him did they? It's a shame really, they should have made personality minis for all the characters listed in the Astronomican......would have been sweet huh :grin:

I may end up converting up a placky ork or something, not sure yet.

Cheers.

If you can stomach the cost or get lucky on the 'Bay then a Greasus Goldtooth from Ogre Kingdoms is about the fattest GW model ever (barring maybe great unclean ones).

Otherwise I've converted an ogre maneater to be a big fat ork warlord, they often come with seperate belly plates too which makes gut-sculpting less stressful :grin: I'll find a pic if I can, its an ancient conversion that never was completed...

treps

Some Kev Adams Foundry War orcs or mercenary ogres are orcs with big bellies and could be used as the base for a conversion.

The war orcs have basic fittings and should be easily equipped with modern/sci-fi stuff.

riot

I was at Dark sphere today and they do Kromlech Orc Fatties Torsos.

http://www.kromlech.eu/kromlech-products/orc-heads-c1/krcb057-orc-fatties-torsos-g186.html

krcb057orcfattiestorsos.jpg

Dark Sphere

http://www.darksphere.co.uk/

Might be some use to you?

Hi guys,

I think I may have found the perfect candidate for my Ork character, but it's from a boardgame, Battlelore second edition. He's called "Obscene"....for obvious reasons. Have a gander at him:

I've searched on eBay & FF's website, but to no avail. Looks like I can't buy him anywhere. Thought I'd try my luck with you good chaps :lol:

Fingers crossed, cheers.

Attachments

• 2016-04-07 23.26.07.jpg
    2016-04-07 23.26.07.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 3,266
  • 2016-04-07 23.26.42.jpg
    2016-04-07 23.26.42.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 3,266

Scalene

I'm toying with the idea of sculpting a Kulo, if I make any progress I'll let you know. I've also almost finished a Rogue Trader style basic ork which might be useful to you if you are looking for more infantry.

Wow Scalene! That'd be awesome if you did :grin:

Your sculpting is superb, coupled with your knowledge & love of RT you'd be sure to knock out an impressive mini.

I've got enough infantry for now, but thanks for keeping me in mind ;)

No pressure, but could you do Kulo for me soon? :lol: 8-) 8-)

Back