The mini rescue thread

Niibl

Thank you all for the nice feedback.

@daddyorchips
I thought that debauchery will leave its marks...

Subedai

Delightfully disturbing. Always great to see more unusual takes on the followers of the ruinous powers.

urion

I bought a pile of nurgle models from a roommate a couple of years ago. I got several first generation plaguebearers, but unfortunately two had broken arms and I didn't have the original arms so I couldn't just reattach them. I also got whole versions of the same sculpts in the same group so I didn't do any work on them right away. While working on my Nurgle Genestealer cult I decided since I was going to include daemons in it and I had already painted the whole models for my Nurgle fantasy army that it was time to fix the broken plaguebearers.

Here they are before their prostetics:
Leperflesh
65twna.jpg

Putridsore
2qtvhxz.jpg

Here they are after.
4qq5ac.jpg

263in8m.jpg

symphonicpoet

Pardon the heresy I'm about to speak . . .

Interesting direction to go with those. If you de-nurgled them a bit by filling in some of the rot and giving them equipment and . . . well, you know, clothing you could make those really nice ork hybrids.

As is they look quite nurgley and should fit in well in a cheerfully chaotic world. :) Good rescue.

urion

Thank you. I will try very hard to forgive your suggestions. ;) I will soon have a lot of ork hyrbids so it wont be necessary to ruin my plaguebearers. :razz: In my Nurgle genestealer cult the hybrids all have Nurgle's rot as their chaos gift and the plaguebearers that come from them, that I use in my army, were gifted with claws in a very specific style by a gracious papa Nurgle to humor his children.

Blue in VT

I think those look great! I too have a few of these broken figures and will consider similar "modifications" 8-)

Cheers,

Blue

Naagruz

Bob, forgive me for this one. :)

Pretty sure I over-armed the scuplt a bit, but I like it more than the original at this point. Not done, but I realized it was Deadcember & thought it was worth posting up before the month slips by.
Paint is nearly all enamels & some pigment.

Attachments

• BOLLEY-WOOD.JPG
    BOLLEY-WOOD.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 2,070

Niibl

Bob's sculpts are hardly known for their delicate design, so I hardly noticed what you did. Good job.

Asslessman

Naagruz":17a3axte said:
Bob, forgive me for this one. :)

Pretty sure I over-armed the scuplt a bit, but I like it more than the original at this point. Not done, but I realized it was Deadcember & thought it was worth posting up before the month slips by.
Paint is nearly all enamels & some pigment.

I have to say I don't know the original well but I can say I really like the end result, It's Bob Olley at his max here, some like it , some not nut the sculpt is full of character and your PJ is just flawless, it really uses the textures the best way you could. I don't tire of your models really ^^'

inchmurrin

As I really enjoy bringing back damaged or unloved minis to life I thought my first real contribution should be to this thread.

I have bought a few job lots to start my oldhammer collection properly and this ratman was amongst them. He could have ended up in the "I've never painted" thread but a before and after photo shoot seemed more what I was about.

So there he is as he came out the poly bag and is there with what I used to fix him.
892766244_o.jpg

After a bit of drilling , pinning, and supergluing - done with the point of a toothpick to save gluing my fingers together again.

892766258_o.jpg

Then painted based with a non skaven shield. The stone is a bit of a signature of mine no base should be without masonry.

892766268_o.jpg

892766285_o.jpg

892766279_o.jpg

Yes the base is edged in goblin green - I think that may be taking the traditional approach too far.

Comments would be most welcome.

Attachments

• skaven broken.jpg
    skaven broken.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 1,974

inchmurrin

I found this Citadel AD&D Ranger in the broken pile with a missing sword and a duff paint job so set out to revive him. He has a Reaper mini's sword from their set of weapons ( which came from another job lot). This had the advantage of a complete tang which I was able to thin down and insert in the drilled out fist saving me from having to pin it. As he was intended as the base level character I thought the fancier sword deserved slightly better quality clothing than the excellent paint job done on him in "Otherworld" http://solegends.com/rsadd/index.htm

So here's my version comment welcome please

895054631_o.jpg

895054600_o.jpg

895054581_o.jpg

Yes I know he's a ranger and from the great wild lands BUT he's AD&D he's supposed to be in a dungeon. Please note I have included red but failed on the Oldhammer required checker board.

symphonicpoet

Just finished a bit of my own mini-rescue. As an added bonus, it rescued me from my own painterly doldrums.

This one is an Ironclaw Roborg that came to me without hook arm or gun.

DSC03868.JPG

DSC04776-1.jpg

DSC04781-1.jpg

DSC04790-1.jpg

DSC04802-1.jpg

DSC04812-1.jpg

DSC04863-1.jpg

Will put more pictures of the completed model in the display gallery shortly. But I'm happy to have pulled this off.

symphonicpoet

Thank you inchmurrin. I've a lot to learn yet about pushing green stuff around, but the more I do it the more I learn. Much like painting, really. They're not unrelated motor skills. The real key may be that the putty takes longer to dry and you have to work smaller bits at a time and then wait . . . But don't quote me on that. I've still got a lot to learn.

that's good work there, you should be proud of your sculpting. my first attempt at sculpting a replacement part happened recently, and the best i could do is get something vaguely shaped like a troll's foot.

Back