Ideas for a mechanical troll?

antipixi

As the title says, I'm looking for ideas for a mechanical troll model. I don't fancy trying to sculpt metal plates onto a 'normal' troll model, but I do want it to look like a troll rather then a troll-sized robot.

Btw, this is for a Chaos Spawn based on a troll who rolled the mechanised attribute (fully mechanised) as one of its 12(!!!) attributes.

So, with the miniature knowledge the members of this forum have, is there something out there?

Asslessman

Captain Crooks":11fi2cs5 said:
Tip your bits box out onto the table, imagine in your mind that you are playing Lego, and... build! :grin:

+1, you might also go the easy way by getting some modern dark elder bits and just stick them where you see fit, they've been deisgned by Jes Goodwin who happened to sculpt the technological mutations on the legendary chaos champions range.... Apart from that, getting some moulder rat-ogres bits or why not irk pieces could be the way to go.

You could get a Heroclix ogre, file/cut flat all the rounded sections of his body i.e. muscles, facial features & then glue flat sections from your bits box to those areas.

So you'd end up with an ogre that retained the same shape but looking mechanical.

Orjetax

Probably too much "troll-sized robot" but I still want to point out for you the iron claw megabot:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,762

Ti Pouchon

Instead of trying to sculpt armor plates, why not use plasticard or even thick cardboard? Cut out, bend into shape, glue onto troll, add rivets and bam! job's a good 'un.

Or start with a gig guy wearing plate armor. The original Skrag Slaughterer comes to mind e.g. Add a pot helmet and some pistons to the arms and legs and hey presto, done.

There is a mechanical troll on wheels as a crewman for the Giant Chaos battering Ram, but it is a bit silly looking, and very rare.

Curtis has a cool looking model which would be good as is, or a base to convert:

gorillagon-col.jpg

Ramshackle Games:

http://shop.ramshacklegames.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=292

Cheetor painted one up here:
p3170200.jpg

http://sho3box.wordpress.com/2011/03/17/da-krusher-forty-shades-of-green/

Back