Lost, damned...but not forgotten

Tkkultist

Hi there,
My name is James Craig though I am known as TKKultist on many forums. I have a fair collection of old and rare citadel stuff and for my first post ill put up this diorama that I did to honor all the "dead" races and models unreleased or unsupported by GW over the years (though admittedly jokaero and fimir have made a come back of sorts in recent days)

This project was entered/displayed in the cabinets (clearly there was no chance of getting a prize lol) in golden demons in Chicago 2004 (and I think I displayed in Toronto as well IIRC) and dedicated to the Collecting Citadel Miniatures group that I am part of.

ld1.jpg

ld52.jpg

ld51.jpg

ld53.jpg

axiom

James, very nice of you to share the detail pictures. I've long enjoyed the diorama over at CCM - it's great to see the close ups. Your Dominator looks like a zoat conversion - is that correct?

Looking forward to seeing what else you have up your sleeve :)

Tkkultist

yep I think that's exactly what It was - couldn't get my hands on one of them or a cyber minotaur at the time so I made both with bits and greenstuff :)

Other fun notes - the Jokaero came from Kev White (hasslefree miniatures former GW) and is THE Jokaero that was featured in the flyers (came to me covered in a black wash that they used to help the details stand out when they made the advert sheets/catalogue pages), after the diorama was displayed I sent him the death ferret from the dio in trade as I knew I had arranged for another to come my way. That is why the ferret in the pic isn't painted.

The pillers that the imperial beastman and the chaos centaur are standing on are old tall hex style gw paint pots and the shields on the centaurs one are extras from the old warhammer regiments box (where you got one of each race on a big mixed sprue) that was one of my earliest warhammer purchases.

A fun piece that resides in a place of pride in my trophy cabinet along side all my golden demons etc. and makes me smile even 10 years later.

Asslessman

It is a brilliant piece and it's god to have you here ;)

I think we should show this piece to Diego (Obscure creator here) since 3 of the races displayed in that diorama have already been revived...

Very cool diorama, thanks for sharing it with us! Quite a lot of forgotten, indeed. Some of those sculpts still stand up really well--I'd quite like one of those Imperial Beastmen, for example!

Great but needs more bird guano on the statues! My gosh, that dominator really is a bad model! All the rest are great! My fav is the squat in power armouer.

phreedh

Thanks for posting the close-ups James - it's a great piece! I always wondered why there was only a minotaur head. Glad to have that cleared out of my head now. :grin:

Back