Face/Off: my chaos warband challenge

So as part of my chaos warband challenge I got a champion with a retinue of "8 human cultists with goat faces". Thanks to the helpful suggestions of a number of you I decided to press-mould a Bob Olley goat-faced beastman's face with instant mould / Oyumaru, using procreate. I decided to use chaos thugs as the cultists (avoiding thugs with mutations).

I'm pretty pleased with the result, although it's perhaps not quite goaty enough, but it will do. Here's what I got:

Attachments

• IMG_7532.JPG
    IMG_7532.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 1,580
  • IMG_7533.JPG
    IMG_7533.JPG
    211.9 KB · Views: 1,580

Asslessman

This is brilliant, The result is really good and you made a very good choice with those Olley Beastmen. Did you saw th eface off the cultits or di you just press their face in the fresh procreate?

phreedh

He looks great, Steve! Properly beasty without looking goaty. It could just as well be a camel face. =) I actually like that it turned out smoother and less furry. Allows for you to make a few modifications and add textures as you see fit on individuals.

Asslessman":1vgyy968 said:
Did you saw th eface off the cultits or di you just press their face in the fresh procreate?

That's right JB, I essentially ended up with a tiny cube of instant mould that was little bigger than the beastman's face, then I filled it with procreate and pressed it onto the thugs face. I tied up the edges a little and left it for 24 hours.

It is a bit more camel than horse :) but what the heck - THIS IS CHAOS!!!!!! :grin:

axiom

Out of interest Steve, any benefits to using procreate over greenstuff? I've used greenstuff in the instant mould before, but it seems to have quite a lot of 'memory' meaning that sharp edges go a bit soft - is procreate a better option?

axiom":eznoie6d said:
Out of interest Steve, any benefits to using procreate over greenstuff? I've used greenstuff in the instant mould before, but it seems to have quite a lot of 'memory' meaning that sharp edges go a bit soft - is procreate a better option?

No idea to be honest Jon. The reason I used procreate is because someone recommended it after I was having trouble with greenstuff. But I then found that I was having the same trouble with procreate - it was very sticky - but I wet it a little and it was fine. So I'm assuming if I do the same with greenstuff that will also be fine. This is all new to me!

Asslessman

Citadel Collector":3hdzthju said:
Asslessman":3hdzthju said:
Did you saw th eface off the cultits or di you just press their face in the fresh procreate?

That's right JB, I essentially ended up with a tiny cube of instant mould that was little bigger than the beastman's face, then I filled it with procreate and pressed it onto the thugs face. I tied up the edges a little and left it for 24 hours.

It is a bit more camel than horse :) but what the heck - THIS IS CHAOS!!!!!! :grin:

Which means no lead was hurt in the process. I thnk everyone's feeling better now...

@Axiom, I'm working with instant mould and GS at the moment and I'm trying to figure if different blue/yellow ratios can work this out. What I don't know is if Procreate is less or more stiff than GS

Back