Purestrain Genestealer proxies in metal

Tubehead

467.jpg

Anyone know of any other metal "not"-purestrains?
I love this guy but there's only one pose.
Wouldn't mind mixing up various species to add some variety on the tabletop.

...And has anyone ever done a fig of that initial Genestealer drawing from the RT 1st ed rulebook?

Tubehead

Would you believe I never bothered to look at Kryomek before? They've certainly got the Tyranid motifs down though... Kinda hard to pick which one could be a genestealer.

This Ymgarl Genestealer guy you pointed out in Bryan Ansell's collection is indeed an awesome find:
IMG_7429.JPG

You can sort of see why they made some changes to the design; the small facial tentacles are a bit indistinct and there isn't much texture at all compared to the first release type, which has piles of texture! So I bet that was the primary reason for the redesign.
Still a way-cool design though.

Tubehead

LilBroGrendel":3vwzguq1 said:
If you google "Alien-like miniatures" and checkout the pictures, you might find some interesting proxies.
Especially this link seems interesting. It is a review of various xenomorph-like miniatures:

https://dawnofthelead.com/2010/10/19/al ... -a-review/

I appreciate very much your providing the rather interesting link! There was some excellent sculpting on many of those figs, particularly the ones from Reviresco and ERM.
Thanks!
- J.

Tubehead

Tauntaun Scout":15gfl2z7 said:
Well, there's always the OOP Alien xenomorphs from Leading Edge Games' Aliens RPG.
Whoa- Aliens Adventure Game; that came out a while back! We stocked 'em at the games store where I used to work... about 1993...?
More interested in things a bit closer to citadel Genestealerishness though.
Surely some of the smaller manufacturers must sell some rip-off Genestealers someplace.
Okay, I concede that Genestealers are arguably rip-off xenomorphs... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tubehead":56v2r0a5 said:
More interested in things a bit closer to citadel Genestealerishness though.
Surely some of the smaller manufacturers must sell some rip-off Genestealers someplace.
Okay, I concede that Genestealers are arguably rip-off xenomorphs... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone made really cool Aliens and Predators I just can't recall who... They might have had something. I have shared the link with friends at least twice but can't find it in my old emails :evil:

Back