New to the forum-Basing

Hi just joined the Oldhammer forum,got a bunch of miniatures from the 80's onwards,but what i want to ask is i have the Mighty Ugezods Death commandos ,i don't do wargaming i just paint for fun my dilemma is do i remove the tabs on these old models and base them how i please ,keep them on a 25 mm square base put them on a hex base and was wondering what base is suitable for my zombie dragon i have just painted ,make my own rectangular base or is there anything available out in the market ? cheers in advance :)

tinsoldier71":2fteivf1 said:
my dilemma is do i remove the tabs on these old models and base them how i please

They're your models, do with them as you please! If you're not gaming with them there's no need to fit within base size limits etc, so just go for whatever you want them to look like.

As for the tabs, I frequently cut them off if it helps the basing, it's really something that doesn't bother me. There are only about ten truly rare models, nothing people are ever likely to paint, so it's not like you're damaging anything inherently irreplaceable.

Cheers for the reply,will probably cut the tabs build up some square bases with a rocky highland look and pin them to that,i think it was a facebook page that were suggesting blaspheme if you even mentioned a round base :)

Fimm McCool

Don't believe the base-haters. I myself am very partial to a 30mm round, lipped base. Nothing at all Oldhammer about that, but the figure that goes on it usually is. Even when it isn't the way I paint it kinda is. Even when it isn't the game I play with it usually is. Even when it isn't the ethos with which I play is, and that's what counts. ;)

Cool,i have a pile of lead to go through mostly old orcs and chaos,some old grenadier and Ral Partha stuff too,think i'll paint the untouched stuff then decide on touching up the chip marks on my old orcs or just get a uniform base or strip them and repaint ,decisions decisions .

Back