Testors Dullcote

Karakvarn1

Hi,

I've been trying to source this product in the UK..... without sucess unfortunately. Does anyone know of places where I can get it or, if not, a suitable alternative?

Thanks

Berkut666

Can help you on where to find it, but I use the Army Painter Anti-shine Matt varnish or their Aegis Suit satin Varnish. Easy to apply with good effect.

Fimm McCool

I have bought Testors in the UK, I think I got it from eBay or Amazon. I'd second the Army Painter alternative though, cheaper and far more reliable in my experience. I put a coat of Halfords lacquer on first then mist with a few coats of AP matt to take the shine off.

EricF

Administrator
You could try emailing Hobby Holidays they used to have stock at model rail shows (http://www.hobbyholidays.co.uk/proddeta ... d=DULLCOTE), since they don't post it they may still have some in stock.

Testors changed the formulation to make it less likely to kill you on sight (and less good) I think for the EU market, but I wonder if perhaps since it wasn't as good as the "real stuff" they pulled out of the EU and went back to the lethal version (?), certainly it did seem to become very difficult to get. The last cans I got were from Element Games, but they have not had stock for ages now. Personally I've decided I'm happy enough with just airbrushing Vallejo matte varnishes these days. I seem to recall you used to be able to get bottles of dullcote for airbrushing, but I've no idea if they are available in the UK.

Back