Painting Advanced Heroquest & Blood Bowl 2nd Edition

JP.

I'm going to post a series links to articles about painting my newly acquired copy of Advanced Heroquest

1. (Finally) Getting Started! - taking a look at how to base the models.

461690.jpg

JP.

Re: Painting Advanced Heroquest

First models prepped and based on resin dungeon bases
7811844.jpg

Hetz

Re: Painting Advanced Heroquest

Good one, been meaning to paint up my AHQ stuff for years. Keep it up - yeah, that too! :grin:

JP.

My Big Box Game obsession has really kicked in and I've just acquired a mint condition Blood Bowl 2nd Edition box set (plus Star Player and Companion books).

I'll be adding a paint log here in the near future, and have written an article about this dangerous - and contagious - disease over on my blog. check the link below and hit the Wargaming Blog tab.

Cheers
JP

JP.

My order of Reaper Bones models arrived today from Game Sesh. Dwarf Wizard; Medusa and a Minotaur all for AHQ and these are gorgeous models- no mold lines and ready to paint right out the box. The aesthetic is very Oldhammer to me as well (and the price is amazing - all three for less than a tenner inluding shipping).

And ive spent a day or two putting all the AHQ models together, getting them primed and based. Now to FINALLY start painting...

Attachments

• AIR_20140327_00004.jpg
    AIR_20140327_00004.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 2,073

JP.

First model FINALLY finished - barring some varnish.

1797339_243357665847769_6293930932205403482_n.jpg

This is a Reaper Bones model, the first I have ever painted and I really like the medium. A few other companies could learn a thing or two about their casting process - this model had little to no flashing or mold lines and the detail is crisp - and the price £1.24 is excellent. Very impressed by this and will be expanding my Bones collection in the future.

phreedh

JP.":sp25g5ve said:
Very impressed by this and will be expanding my Bones collection in the future.
Looks nice! A close up wouldn't hurt though. =D

Also, if you want to buy Bones stuff I'm your man. =) I've got hundreds of Bones figs for sale, for cheap.

JP.

You'll have to forgive my terrible photography skills. Only have a Blackberry PlayBook -but I've tried to edit it to a close up:

As for the Bones models, drop me a PM with what you have available and price but I'm betting the cost of shipping will be quite high.

Attachments

• AIR_20140416_00000.jpg
    AIR_20140416_00000.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 1,957
Back