Quar = mind blown

Orjetax

Idly checking Zhu's excellent blog (http://realmofzhu.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1) at lunch, and what do I see?

My mind is blown. I cannot believe how much I love these.

Website here - http://www.zombiesmith.com/pages/quarfactions. Apparently there are rules for games in various scales. And skirmish rules. And a backstory involving hundreds of years of continuous war. And lots of great silly names.

Anyone have any experience with these the minis? Or the game? Or familiar with the sculptor(s)? Am I the only person who just became instantly obsessed?

I don't know if I can resist purchasing, despite the mountain of orks and squats I have unpainted. I need to try to hold off, but this clearly jumped to the top of my "to buy later" list.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 2,756

Zhu Bajie

Yep. They are quite amazing in their singular vision. No idea about the game. Zombiesmith do some lovely 15mm scifi as well.

Aiteal":30gxr7kz said:
Quirky :)
I like them, they have a nice 70's wizards/heavy metal feel to them.

Definitely influenced by Vaughn Bodē (published in Heavy Metal, noted as an "influence' on Bakshi's Wizards).

zoggin-eck

If I recall, the rules are based on "Song of Blades and Whatever"?

I own a few of the earlier Zombiesmith fantasy models from before he went all "Quar", quite happy with them.

Just John

I actually have the rules, I think they were one of the free Halloween prizes on Wargames Vault a couple of years ago. I must read them sometime.

cheetor

zoggin-eck":ds5d96v0 said:
If I recall, the rules are based on "Song of Blades and Whatever"

"Song of Our Ancestors" I think. Ganesha rulesets are not everyones cup of tea, but they are fast and depending on the iteration, quite a bit of fun. I dont know much about the Quar ruleset.

Zombiesmith are good to deal with in my experience. I have been happy with the handful of orders that I have placed with them over the years.

Orjetax

Thanks all.

So what would you use these for in a game of RT/2d Ed/40k edition of preference?

Pretty clearly IG. Maybe orks would feel right.

Zhu Bajie

I was thinking of using them as Junkwaffle Lizard type creatures, rather than pure Quar. I think they're a bit shorter than 'normal humans' so would drop the M a little, and maybe boost T, and subnormal Ld / WP / Int. Probably only give access to antique / blackpowder weapons (have to check the models for Las guns or whatever) and some form of Alcoholism.
Mix the 15mm scale ones for some Halflings and make those Stupid.

Orjetax

That's a really fun idea, Zhu. Very clever idea to mix in the 15mm
scale.

And I have to say - thank you for posting these on your blog. These have me fired up to paint something different.

Back